Cost to replace Valve Cover Gasket?

Old October 24th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Cost to replace Valve Cover Gasket? (still nobody knows what the prob is)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:41:45 -0500, William Hughes
> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:56:37 -0400, in rec.autos.makers.saturn "Steve"
> wrote:
>
>>Simple things first (or last), has the throttle body been cleaned?
>>
>>Steve

>Coolant temp sensor is a possibility. $10 for the part, another $7-10
>for new coolant, takes about ten minutes to change.

Should it be simple for me to do myself with a chilton's manual?

Old October 25th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Cost to replace Valve Cover Gasket? (still nobody knows what

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:42:27 -0400, "justastreekin"
> wrote:

>Have the injectors been cleaned and checked, I have a 93 sl2 and had one of
>the injectors stick at about 130 thousand miles, replaced it then the
>injectors were mismatched and caused a lean misfire problem at idle which
>didnt occure all the time, i finaly got a set of injectors from a junkyard
>car and cleaned and tested them myself not an easy project! the stuff you
>put in the tank will not clean them enough to help! that stuff is only
>efective if you use it regularly.

well the dealership said it needed a fuel injection cleaning too,
but then they also tried to seel me four tires when I only had one
flat.

I'll be keeping it in mind if changing the coolant temp sensor
doesn;t do it, thanks!

Old October 25th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:14:07 -0500, William Hughes
> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:00:58 -0700, in rec.autos.makers.saturn
wrote:

>>On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:41:45 -0500, William Hughes
> wrote:

>>>Coolant temp sensor is a possibility. $10 for the part, another $7-10
>>>for new coolant, takes about ten minutes to change.

>>Should it be simple for me to do myself with a chilton's manual?

>Don't see why not. I did mine three years ago with the Haynes for
>reference.
>
>Drain coolant
>Disconnect sensor
>Remove sensor
>Apply antisieze compound or teflon tape to threads of new sensor
>Install sensor
>Reconnect
>Refill coolant
>Start engine and idle for a minute or so
>Top off coolant
>-30-

Thank you , I;ll try that.
Old October 25th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

You need not drain the coolant. Just do it quickly and you will not lose
much and then you can top it off after the job is done. Have everything
ready to go and it will only leak coolant for a few seconds ...

Bob

Old November 1st 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Refinish King

The connector is easier to replace than the sensor:

You can buy an update for the 96 and up, if I'm not mistaken.

This is for the earlier years, to address the intermittent connection.

RK
> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:45:57 GMT, "Refinish King"
> > wrote:
>
>>Sounds like a classic bad Coolant Temp Sensor:
>>
>>But, just changing the sensor isn't usually the fix. The connector that
>>connects to the sensor usually goes bad.
>>
>>Another area of interest would be the EGR valve.
>>
>>I hope this helps.
>>
>>RK

> Oh that's good to know. I just ordered a Chilton's manual and
> a coolant temp sensor, but it it's also the connector, I guess
> I have to go back to the mechanic. bleah,.

Cost to replace valve cover gasket? kohlrabi_croce Technology 5 October 4th 07 06:34 AM
Valve cover gasket Mike BMW 1 February 20th 07 06:35 PM
Valve Cover Gasket Joe and Joann Jeep 1 July 1st 06 03:36 PM
Valve cover gasket 4.2 johanb Jeep 11 January 9th 06 04:57 PM
Help. How do I replace e34 (M50) leaking valve cover gasket. wmjsplace BMW 1 May 18th 05 06:16 PM