problems with 2.5

Old May 11th 05, 07:51 AM
Haywood Jablomy

Default problems with 2.5

I have an '89 Aries, 2.5 engine, just replaced the head gasket after oil
was mixing with the water and it was losing power.
Even though it has a new head gasket, the problems are as befo oil in
the water, having to add a quart of oil a day (hardly any leakages), car
sputters and jerks while going uphill, a bit of hesitation while cruising.
Is there any other area on the engine where oil and water could mix, or
could there be a leak in the engine block? Or a bad freeze plug?

(With the head off, I noticed oil deposits on the valves of #1 cylinder.)
Old May 11th 05, 07:05 PM
maxpower

"Haywood Jablomy" > wrote in message
> I have an '89 Aries, 2.5 engine, just replaced the head gasket after oil
> was mixing with the water and it was losing power.
> Even though it has a new head gasket, the problems are as befo oil in
> the water, having to add a quart of oil a day (hardly any leakages), car
> sputters and jerks while going uphill, a bit of hesitation while cruising.
> Is there any other area on the engine where oil and water could mix, or
> could there be a leak in the engine block? Or a bad freeze plug?
>
> (With the head off, I noticed oil deposits on the valves of #1 cylinder.)

Make sure it isn't condensation to start with, If the cylinder head was
warped/cracked it could also cause this problem , BUT normally there would
be other symptoms such as overheating or temp fluctuation on the gauge.
If you have an automatic transmission and the cooler inside the radiator
were to leak you would also see oil in the coolant.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old May 12th 05, 01:10 AM
mic canic