I started hating bikers

Old September 5th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

Default I started hating bikers

I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
I could have hit them with a chair.

Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
Modified mufflers are illegal.

And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

Old September 5th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, 223rem wrote:

> And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
> what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

Probably the same 'fun' as a car stereo where the 'bass' can be heard
four blocks away.

Old September 5th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

Brent P wrote:
> In article . com>, 223rem wrote:
>
> > And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
> > what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

> Probably the same 'fun' as a car stereo where the 'bass' can be heard
> four blocks away.

Both are equally annoying when drowning out your own stereo system even
with the windows up.

Old September 5th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:

>I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
>as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
>sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
>son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
>was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
>they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
>and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
>my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
>I could have hit them with a chair.
>
>Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
>Modified mufflers are illegal.
>
>And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
>what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.
Old September 5th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>
> >I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
> >as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
> >sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
> >son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
> >was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
> >they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
> >and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
> >my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
> >I could have hit them with a chair.
> >
> >Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
> >Modified mufflers are illegal.
> >
> >And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
> >what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

> For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.

A *supposed* safety issue.

E.P.

Old September 5th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:11:41 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>
>>I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
>>as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
>>sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
>>son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
>>was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
>>they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
>>and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
>>my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
>>I could have hit them with a chair.
>>
>>Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
>>Modified mufflers are illegal.
>>
>>And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
>>what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

>For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.

Did you use to ride?
If so, you could use that as motivation to get better faster, so you
could ride again.
It's a shame that your girlfriend is a $3 ho (your own words). If she
was worth more, it might give you more incentive to work towards
becoming a contributing menber of society.
Maybe tgen, you'd understand that riding a bike today, with so many
selfish car drivers who see other vehicles (if they see them at all)
as only obstacles to be gotten around, is in fact dangerous, and
anything e riders can do to improve their visibility is a good thing.
Sometimes, being obnoxious is a good thing, as it gets you noticed
when you otherwise wouldn't be.
You should understand that, and I'm sure that is being used in your
therapy; soom, maybe, you'll realize that if you were actually
valuable, you wouldn't need to draw attention to yourself as you do.
I'll bet that's why they let you use the computer in the day room.
Don't the other people there get upset at you hogging the aqs much as
you do, though? Have they gotten around to the concept of sharing yet?
I just learned Tuesday is Pancake day there; what kind did you get?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 5th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), 223rem said in
rec.autos.driving:
> I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
> as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
> sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
> son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
> was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
> they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
> and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
> my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
> I could have hit them with a chair.

Better be careful about doing that. IME, Harley riders fall into two
camps: soft yuppie types trying to compensate for the blandness of their
existence and meth loaded outlaws. You don't want to mess with the
latter, and it can be difficult to tell the difference between the two.

> Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
> Modified mufflers are illegal.

They'd probablly come after you for disrupting their donut time. In
their view, the soft yuppies pay their salary and the are simply afraid
of the outlaws. Also, the muffler/noise law is a *very* low priority to
them.

> And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
> what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

IME, its tha same motivation that's behind ricer fags and their fart
cans, rednecks and their pick-ups, and pimps and their niggilacs with
the bass that can be heard 4 blocks away (thanks, Brent).

--
F ools
A nd
Old September 5th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Ed Pirrero said in
rec.autos.driving:
> A *supposed* safety issue.

Actually its just an excuse and pitiful attempt to justify being
obnoxious.

--
I diots
N umbskulls &
Old September 5th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"Ed Pirrero" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>>
>> >I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
>> >as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
>> >sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
>> >son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
>> >was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
>> >they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
>> >and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
>> >my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
>> >I could have hit them with a chair.
>> >
>> >Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
>> >Modified mufflers are illegal.
>> >
>> >And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
>> >what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

>> For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.

> A *supposed* safety issue.
>
> E.P.

Because they ride an inherently less safe vehicle,they get to disregard
noise abatement laws? I disagree.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old September 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Ed Pirrero" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > A *supposed* safety issue.
> >

> Because they ride an inherently less safe vehicle,they get to disregard
> noise abatement laws? I disagree.

That's a non sequitur to my comment.

Some motorcyclists think that "loud pipes save lives." Oddly, when I'm
inside my car, the only time I hear loud pipes is when my windows are
open, or they are accelerating in front of me.

Therefore, I don't buy the premise that loud pipes save lives - I think
it's a rationaization for breaking the law that has no basis in fact
(unlike the 85th percentile method for setting speed limits, for
example.)

Now, what does your point have to do with my comment, again?

E.P.