Brake Dust on L300?

Old July 31st 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BILL GOEHRING

Default Brake Dust on L300?

All of the brake dust that accumulates on the tire rims is driving me
crazy. Is there any way to really clean them off with out scrubbing, and
scrubbing, and scrubbing? It takes we about ten minutes a tire, and they
still look bad when I am done. I have tried all of theose spray on, and
wash off chemicals, and they do not work very good. Is there an easy way
to clean off all of this brake dust that I am not aware of? Thanks in
advance, for any help on this.

BILL!

Old July 31st 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

I dont know whwt you are using, but I use Maguires wheel cleaner spray and
thier long wheel cleaner brush or a terry cloth. I can clean my L300 chrome
wheels in minutes with little effort.

If there is really excessive brake dust, then you can change out the brake
pads for dust free type, buy 'em at any Auto parts store, they usually are
cheaper than OEM.

Also, try to avoid road tar and grease and running thru puddles, that will
make brake dust turn even more messy.

marx404

Old August 1st 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

only OEM parts are available usually at dealers. As said before, get the
pads at Advance Auto, AutoZone, NAPA, etc.. You can install them yourself
or bring them to your dealer, they will do it.

Also, there is a Technical service bulletin you can make your service dept
mechanic aware of concerning complaints of excessive brake dust on L300
series, I don't know the number of that bulletin.

I use Akebono brake pads, bought them at the local parts store cheap, hardly
any brake dust, and what is there isn't sticky. There are other brands of
dust free pads too.

marx404

Old August 3rd 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

teem, whatever yer smokin' pass it on! you funny.

marx404