more info: Edelbrock Thunder Series

Old March 1st 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default more info: Edelbrock Thunder Series

sent a message to Edelbrock tech support:

Hi,

I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of your new 500 CFM AVS
carburetors. However, I see from the info on your site that they are
calibrated for use in dual quad applications. I want to use it as a
single carb on a 289ci Studebaker V-8, basically stock but with a mild
cam and electronic ignition. Can I use the same rod and jet kits as I
would for a similar size Performer/AFB, and more importantly do the
same rods/jets translate between the carbs? i.e. if I have a good
running 500 CFM AFB can I just take the rods and jets from that and put
them in the AVS as a starting point? I ask this because I don't see a
rod and jet kit for the AVS as available on your site. Also curious if
I can use the tuning information in the .pdf manual on your site for an
AVS as well as an AFB.

Thanks much,

Nate Nagel

here's the response:

We recommend the # 1486 calibration kit for single 4 bbl applications.
The # 1486 happens to be the same calibration kit as the Performer 500
carburetors. We currently do not have the correct calibration since the
person in charge has been out sick and is not due back until Monday.
Feel free to email me at the beginning of the week so that I may get
you the correct calibration for the single 4V application. Thanks.

Sounds to me like you just use the same rods and jets that you would
for a similar sized AFB if I am interpreting this correctly. Hope this
helps someone.

nate