Spider Quad uses different springs than veloce????

Old September 7th 05, 02:47 PM
mcardlejl

Default Spider Quad uses different springs than veloce????

Hi all,

I have a funny question regarding springs for a 1988 Spider Quad that
has the taller springs for the USA market.

I'm collecting all the necessary parts to do a complete suspension
rebuild after the weather turns a bit too cold to enjoy. I'd like to
replace the current springs with those that are somewhat stiffer and
slightly lower.

The two sources I know that sell this type of spring both say they are
only for the Graduate or Veloce models, and are NOT for the Quad
because it weighs a bit more than the other two causing it to sit even
lower, especially when the top is on.

I guess my question is three pronged.

1) Are there really special springs just for the spider quad model??
If so, can anyone point me to a source of these that are slightly
stiffer and slightly lower??

2) if not, does anyone know if the Graduate and Veloce springs will
work on the Quad.

3) possibly as a last resort, if the graduate and veloce spings really
wont work on a quad, is there any other way anyone can think of for
obtaining a slightly stiffer ride while also lowering the car to the
height it was intended to be at???

Thanks for any and all insight!!! Jim

Old September 7th 05, 05:17 PM
DIANE WEST

Quads came with diff springs because they also came with a hard top which
weighs and extra 100lbs...
If you intend on an OE restoration - Quad spings were still around - but
they are not required unless youre keeping the hard top on most of the time

ups.com...