89 dodge shadow 2.2 rev limiter????

Old May 18th 04, 08:29 PM
partsbrokers

Default 89 dodge shadow 2.2 rev limiter????

Recently we started racing a hornet class . ( roundy round) The problem i
am having is the car wont rev above 4000 rpm . It acts like its got a rev
limiter. Cats not plugged and i am changing the fuel filter tonight. The
question i have is has anyone come acrost these having a limiter and if so
how do you get past it? Thanks in advance.

Old May 19th 04, 03:39 AM
Locnar

88 My Daytona 2.2 does have a rev limiter. but it's at 6000 not 4000. I
think the only way to get around the limiter is re-program the smec.

Old May 19th 04, 03:39 AM
Locnar

Old May 19th 04, 06:15 PM
Circuit Breaker

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:39:22 -0400, Locnar wrote:

> "partsbrokers" > wrote:

>>Recently we started racing a hornet class . ( roundy round) The problem
>>i am having is the car wont rev above 4000 rpm . It acts like its got a
>>rev limiter. Cats not plugged and i am changing the fuel filter tonight.
>>The question i have is has anyone come acrost these having a limiter and
>>if so how do you get past it? Thanks in advance.

> 88 My Daytona 2.2 does have a rev limiter. but it's at 6000 not 4000. I
> think the only way to get around the limiter is re-program the smec.

My '90 has a speed limiter. I got to 118 and it brought the RPM down to
3500 until I got below.... 100? Been a few years since I did it...
Anyway, the engine has revved higher in lower gears, so I know it's not a
rev limiter on my car in particular (3.0 V6 a604). IIRC, there was a
remark about removing a governor from the transmission somewhere...
allpar maybe?

Oh well. HIH, AIW.

CJ
Old May 19th 04, 06:15 PM