How to remove Rear Wiper 97 Caravan

Old September 27th 05, 01:13 AM
Fiesta

Default How to remove Rear Wiper 97 Caravan

I have looked for instructions on this, but have not had much luck.

I need to remove the rear Wiper arm from the motor shaft.
This is on a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Does anyone have instructions...(pictures is a plus) on how to do
this?. I can not see a clip of any kind that holds it on the motor
shaft.

Can someone please help me?

Mark
Old September 27th 05, 06:33 AM
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Fiesta wrote:
>I have looked for instructions on this, but have not had much luck.
>
>I need to remove the rear Wiper arm from the motor shaft.
>This is on a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan.
>
>Does anyone have instructions...(pictures is a plus) on how to do
>this?. I can not see a clip of any kind that holds it on the motor
>shaft.
>
>Can someone please help me?
>
>Mark

There is a small latch clip that holds the wiper arm onto the post
(shaft) located at 12:00 position on the wiper arm.
Normally you would insert a screwdriver against this clip and the
wiper arm base and give it a twist (the clip opens and does not come off).
This will allow the arm to be removed by rocking it off the post
shaft, however the wiper end could become somewhat seized to the post. Try
holding a thin piece of wood near the post to protect gate and window and pry
up under the wiper arm (where it goes over the post) with a large screwdriver
or prybar using common sense with pressure so you don't damage the gate or
window.-