HELP!!! - Ignition coil problem on 99 LS1

Old October 10th 04, 09:08 PM
Christopher Martin

Default HELP!!! - Ignition coil problem on 99 LS1

I'm having an intermittent ignition coil problem with the #5 cylinder
on my 99 LS1 where I keep setting codes PO305 and PO355.

I have replaced the entire bank of coils, the individual spark plug
wire and spark plug itself yet the problem doesn't want to go away.

What happens is that the car will run fine for a while and then the #5
coil simply stops working. I thought it might be a broken wire or
something but what I've noticed is that if I disconnect the connector
to the coil while the car is running and leave it off for 10-15
seconds, after I reconnect the coil it will start working again. This
will last for anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours before it shuts down
again.

It almost seems like it's more of a computer problem than a broken
wire because I swear that the ONLY thing I do is disconnect and
reconnect the coil connector to clear up the problem.

Has anyone else seen this happen or have any suggestions? Thanks in
advance.

Christopher

ALARM PROBLEM on E36 97 318 Toby BMW 0 January 9th 05 02:47 PM
Other Sensor Problem? - WAS: Rain Sensor Help needed please. RichieP BMW 0 January 7th 05 01:02 AM
2004 Elantra Airbag Problem TImothy A. Roy Alfa Romeo 0 October 6th 04 02:02 AM
Help Re. Audi A4 starting problem - ?immobiliser or ignition barrel Gary Murison Audi 5 September 27th 04 02:24 PM
Nord ignition problems Gordon Alfa Romeo 18 June 18th 04 02:16 PM