Will E46 wheels fit on an E36?

Old April 24th 05, 04:15 PM
Tom Allen

Default Will E46 wheels fit on an E36?

Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates
being called that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36).
Can I put a set of stock wheels and tires from my E46
(330xi) on this car? We both hate the E36 wheels and we
either buy some new ones or try the E46 wheels on it. Will
they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size, offset, and
most importantly, handling?
Old April 24th 05, 04:26 PM
Plaz

In article >, Tom Allen
> wrote:

> Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates
> being called that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36).
> Can I put a set of stock wheels and tires from my E46
> (330xi) on this car? We both hate the E36 wheels and we
> either buy some new ones or try the E46 wheels on it. Will
> they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size, offset, and
> most importantly, handling?

I'm not sure whether spacers were necessary, but I've seen E36s with
68M wheels on them. (stock sport package E46 330i wheels)
Old April 24th 05, 04:34 PM
GT

"Tom Allen" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates being called
> that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36). Can I put a set of stock
> wheels and tires from my E46 (330xi) on this car? We both hate the E36
> wheels and we either buy some new ones or try the E46 wheels on it. Will
> they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size, offset, and most
> importantly, handling?

Here is the answer:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...2143598-1.html
Regards.
G. Tarantino - Switzerland

Old April 24th 05, 05:18 PM
Jeff Strickland

If you search eBay for BMW OEM E36 17" <or INCH> WHEELS, you will get some
pretty nice choices. Try 16" and 18" for additional options, or simply try
BMW E36 OEM WHEELS and get all ot the choices at once.

The trouble, if ANY, is that E46 wheels MIGHT be wider for the rear than the
front, and this might present the E36 with rubbing issues on the rear fender
openings.

The bolt pattern and offset is fine, and if the rims are 17 x 7.5, then they
are fine. But the rear wheels on a 330 can be 17 x 8.5 or 18 x 9, and this
might rub on the fender openings of the E36.

I have 17 x 7.5 rims from a '95 M3 on my '94 325i, and they fit very well. I
am not sure if a wider rim will have enough room ...

Check this link for factory BMW rims,

http://www.kalach.easynet.be/bmw_wheels.htm

(Notice that many have a question mark, this denotes that you can click on
the ? and get more information, including size. My car came with Style 17,
and I recently switched to Style 22, thanks to eBay.)

Old April 25th 05, 12:02 AM
Tom Allen

Tom Allen wrote:

> Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates being called
> that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36). Can I put a set of stock
> wheels and tires from my E46 (330xi) on this car? We both hate the E36
> wheels and we either buy some new ones or try the E46 wheels on it. Will
> they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size, offset, and most
> importantly, handling?

I tried them, the look great, here's a pic:

http://www.allencg.com/BMW325ic.jpg
Old April 25th 05, 12:05 AM
Jeff Strickland

Those look nice. Do remember what size they are? And, are all four the same
size, or are do you have staggered sizes?

Old April 25th 05, 12:17 AM
Tom Allen

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> Those look nice. Do remember what size they are? And, are all four the
> same size, or are do you have staggered sizes?
>

> "Tom Allen" > wrote in message
>
>> Tom Allen wrote:
>>
>>> Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates being
>>> called that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36). Can I put a set
>>> of stock wheels and tires from my E46 (330xi) on this car? We both
>>> hate the E36 wheels and we either buy some new ones or try the E46
>>> wheels on it. Will they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size,
>>> offset, and most importantly, handling?

>> I tried them, the look great, here's a pic:
>>
>> http://www.allencg.com/BMW325ic.jpg

All wheels the same size, they are 17" x 7.5". they were
the standard wheels on my 02 330xi with the sport
package...number 79 if I recall.