New Tires

Old July 7th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
azmiata

Default New Tires

I have a 1991. I am ready to buy new tires. I live in arizona so no snow
and not much rain. I want good looking tires with a quiet smooth ride. I
am a girl and I drive like one so I do want performance but I don't hot
rod around.
also how do I know if my car is an mx5 or roadster?

Old July 7th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article
outautos.com>,
"azmiata" > wrote:

> also how do I know if my car is an mx5 or roadster?

Yes, it is. :-)

It was sold as Miata in North America, Roadster in Japan, and MX-5
pretty much everywhere else.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old July 7th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto[_1_]

you may want also want to buy new rims with tires already mounted on them to update the look of your car. you can order these mail order for not much more than what a local shop might charge you for tires alone...
but if you are not looking for top performance i would suggest that you consider the following make models:
bf goodrich traction t/a 'h' rated for 14"
falken ziex 512 'h' rated for 14 or 15"
bridgestone re-900 or re950
all quality tires that are good in wet and dry. the first two costing about half of the others.
i recently bought the falkens in the 15" size from discounttiredirect.com (about $200) and had them mounted locally (about $80) and saved about $100 over purchasing them from a local shop. the 14" are less.
my second choice was to buy new rims and the bf goodrich traction ta mounted and balanced from tirerack.com for about $600.
costco sells the bridgestones for a good price. all are pretty popular on miata's.
the next step up are summer only performance tires which both cost more and are not always as good in wet conditions and are likely noisier too (one thing that makes tires quieter are the a large number of cuts in the tread, which performance tires generally do not have). others hear can speak more intelligently on the performance tire options for you...

Old January 4th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
azmiata

Default rattle in the doors

I have a 91 miata. I have a very annoying rattle in my door. When I pop off
the panel I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Old January 5th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

azmiata wrote:
>I have a 91 miata. I have a very annoying rattle in my door. When I
>pop off
> the panel I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Where in the door is it? The front, the back? Try tightening all the
screws and bolts you can see when the cover is off. Another place to
check is the clearance of the two thin pieces that go from the door
handle to the door lock - they might be tapping against the inside of
the door.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old January 5th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article
outautos.com>,
"azmiata" > wrote:

> I have a 91 miata. I have a very annoying rattle in my door. When I pop off
> the panel I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Did you look in the crevice at the bottom? Major rattles are usually
loose window tracks. On one of mine, a nut backed all the way off and
fell into the aforementioned crevice, and was the devil to find.
Old January 5th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

On Jan 4, 5:37 pm, "azmiata" > wrote:
> I have a 91 miata. I have a very annoying rattle in my door. When I pop off
> the panel I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Rattles drive me NUTS. I had a door rattle on my new 2004. After
convincing the dealer that IT RATTLED they took it apart and said the
factory had failed to install a "clip" that stabalized the window
something or other (yeah, I'm up on those technical words). Install
clip, no rattle!

Old January 9th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"azmiata" > wrote
>I have a 91 miata. I have a very annoying rattle in my door. When I pop off
> the panel I can't find anything. Any ideas?

The base of the mirror has a metal covering that snaps in place. Has it come
loose?
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway