airbags and hats

Old January 6th 05, 07:08 AM
Magnulus

Default airbags and hats

Has anybody got any idea how an airbag deployment would affect a person
wearing a rigid or semi-rigid hat (such as a cowboy hat or pith helmet, that
sort of hat?).

Old January 6th 05, 07:32 AM

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 01:08:32 -0500, "Magnulus" >
wrote:

> Has anybody got any idea how an airbag deployment would affect a person
>wearing a rigid or semi-rigid hat (such as a cowboy hat or pith helmet, that
>sort of hat?).

Considering they are driving wearing cowboy hats, I think if you take
a vote, most people would vote the airbag deployment should be fatal.

:-P

But seriously, I haven't a clue.

Old January 6th 05, 07:32 AM

Old January 6th 05, 07:49 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Magnulus" > wrote in message
. ..
> Has anybody got any idea how an airbag deployment would affect a person
> wearing a rigid or semi-rigid hat (such as a cowboy hat or pith helmet,
> that
> sort of hat?).

I think it may knock it right off.

I also think that would be the least of their problems,
at that point.

More importantly,how many people have you see driving while
wearing pith helmets, in your entire life?

Do you live in 1920's colonial africa?

Old January 6th 05, 07:49 AM
Bernard Farquart

. ..

Old January 6th 05, 03:02 PM
Magnulus

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message
> More importantly,how many people have you see driving while
> wearing pith helmets, in your entire life?
>
> Do you live in 1920's colonial africa?

How many people have I seen wearing hats, aside from baseball caps (often
turned backwards)? Very few (I've seen alot more African Americans wearing
hats, though, than whites- and in some parts of the country they do wear
western style hats). Hats are out of fashion with many people (they mess
up your hair, or whatever), some people still wear them, though, like me.

You can still buy pith helmets, and they come in different styles- not
all of them are the broadly brimmed type with the round head (the
stereotypical "safari" shape popular among the French and English, and later
Indians and Vietnamese. Pith helmets are made from cork, though, so they
are fairly stiff.

Old January 6th 05, 03:02 PM
Magnulus

Old January 6th 05, 05:04 PM
John Harlow

>> Has anybody got any idea how an airbag deployment would affect a
>> person wearing a rigid or semi-rigid hat (such as a cowboy hat or
>> pith helmet, that sort of hat?).
>>

> Considering they are driving wearing cowboy hats, I think if you take
> a vote, most people would vote the airbag deployment should be fatal.

Hehe...

Old January 6th 05, 05:04 PM
John Harlow

Old January 7th 05, 07:51 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 06:49:58 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>More importantly,how many people have you see driving while
>wearing pith helmets, in your entire life?
>
>Do you live in 1920's colonial africa?

I don't know why, but I found that remark hilarious