1967 289

Old March 10th 05, 12:24 PM
Michael and JeanMarie McFarland

Default 1967 289

hello i was wondering if anybody has any info or specs for the 289 hi po i
am rebuilding my 289 and was wondering if there is any difference in the
cylinder heads ect
thanks mike

Old March 10th 05, 06:28 PM
CobraJet

In article <f0XXd.52216$Ze3.35259@attbi_s51>, Michael and JeanMarie
McFarland > wrote:

> hello i was wondering if anybody has any info or specs for the 289 hi po i
> am rebuilding my 289 and was wondering if there is any difference in the
> cylinder heads ect
> thanks mike

The main concern is that you get back all the same parts that you
give the machine shop. Some might be inclined to substitute a generic
engine if they think you are not hip to what's going on. Your block,
heads, crank, rods, balancer, and exhaust manifolds are all upgrade
parts from Ford, and all need to stay together. If possible, take this
engine apart yourself and photograph all casting numbers on everything.
Make sure the shop knows you have done this.

Original compression was 10.5:1, which may not be compatible with
pump gas. If this is a weekend car, I'd go with original compression
and just use octane booster. Comp cams has a reproduction solid lifter
camshaft.

Is this in an original K-code car?

--
CobraJet
Old March 10th 05, 07:58 PM

beefier main bearing caps, still 2 bolt though.
heads had smaller cc, pushrod slots instead of holes.
solid cam.

1967 VW Bug: Special and 1-year only features... Jim VW air cooled 24 February 16th 05 06:48 PM
1967 VW Bug: Special and 1-year only features... Jim VW water cooled 19 February 16th 05 04:36 PM
1967 Fury III sunnyinaz Chrysler 6 February 14th 05 10:17 PM
F.S.Olds 1967 Delta 88 Conv. Parts [email protected] Antique cars 1 January 4th 05 03:41 PM
1967 Ford Galaxie JP Antique cars 0 August 14th 04 03:11 AM