On-ramp STOP

Old March 10th 05, 08:32 PM
MidnightDad

Default On-ramp STOP

I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
onto the highway and STOP before they get on. Their failure to accelerate
to the proper speed before merging causes the people on the highway to slam
their brakes because some idiot has just started from a dead stop. It also
causes the people on the on-ramp to grind to a halt. Kill them. Kill them
all.

Old March 10th 05, 08:55 PM
The Office Jet

It drives me absolutely up the wall when people do this. I can't stand
having someone completely ignore what everyone else in the world does.
Especially when it comes to driving.

Old March 10th 05, 10:36 PM
ParaDygm

there's always a cell phone involved, too.

Got those women look'n like jackass's with that left arm swing'n around
while they attempt to check their mirrors.

Old March 11th 05, 12:15 AM
Paul

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:32:26 -0500, MidnightDad , one of an infinite
number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters said the following
in rec.autos.driving...

> I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
> onto the highway and STOP before they get on. Their failure to accelerate
> to the proper speed before merging causes the people on the highway to slam
> their brakes because some idiot has just started from a dead stop. It also
> causes the people on the on-ramp to grind to a halt. Kill them. Kill them
> all.

I've encoutered those idiots on occaision. Makes me wonder why we even
bother with drivers licenses seeing as having one is no indication of
driving skills.
Old March 11th 05, 01:19 PM
Cory Dunkle

"MidnightDad" > wrote in message
news:1110486979.f224c52d3fcf9b605fd4ef1432229ffc@t eranews...
> I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
> onto the highway and STOP before they get on. Their failure to accelerate
> to the proper speed before merging causes the people on the highway to

slam
> their brakes because some idiot has just started from a dead stop. It

also
> causes the people on the on-ramp to grind to a halt. Kill them. Kill

them
> all.

I believe the reason they do this is so you hit their econo-box or jalopy,
damage or destroy it, and then they collect the insurance money and eitehr
do it again or get another econo-box for a few hundred bucks and then do it
again. Now obvious they all can't be this malicious, but some are. The rest
are dumbass. When they stop just lay on the horn, look angry, and put your
hands up in the air so as to look like 'What the hell are you doing??'.

Old March 11th 05, 11:28 PM
John David Galt

Cory Dunkle wrote:
> I believe the reason they do this is so you hit their econo-box or jalopy,
> damage or destroy it, and then they collect the insurance money and eitehr
> do it again or get another econo-box for a few hundred bucks and then do it
> again. Now obvious they all can't be this malicious, but some are. The rest
> are dumbass. When they stop just lay on the horn, look angry, and put your
> hands up in the air so as to look like 'What the hell are you doing??'.

Fortunately most on-ramps are wide enough that you can just pass moron-boy
on the shoulder and merge right on in like you're supposed to.
Old March 13th 05, 02:47 AM
Timothy J. Lee

In article <1110486979.f224c52d3fcf9b605fd4ef1432229ffc@teran ews>,
MidnightDad > wrote:
>I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
>onto the highway and STOP before they get on.

You live in Pennsylvania? I saw that happen three times in a weekend
there. Never saw it anywhere else, except when the freeway was traffic
jammed to a stop.

Timothy J. Lee
Old March 13th 05, 01:16 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Timothy J. Lee" > wrote in message
> In article <1110486979.f224c52d3fcf9b605fd4ef1432229ffc@teran ews>,
> MidnightDad > wrote:
> >I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
> >onto the highway and STOP before they get on.

> You live in Pennsylvania? I saw that happen three times in a weekend
> there. Never saw it anywhere else, except when the freeway was traffic
> jammed to a stop.

Now that you mention it I've not noticed this behavior up in ME or CT, only
down here in NJ and CT. I don't doa whole lot of highway driving up in ME
and CT was fairly local to the area between Meriden, Hartford and Danbury,
but still, I've not seen anyone stop on an onramp. At least not yet...

Cory

Old March 13th 05, 01:22 PM
Nate Nagel

Timothy J. Lee wrote:

> In article <1110486979.f224c52d3fcf9b605fd4ef1432229ffc@teran ews>,
> MidnightDad > wrote:
>
>>I hate these people who ignore the fact that there's an acceleration lane
>>onto the highway and STOP before they get on.

> You live in Pennsylvania? I saw that happen three times in a weekend
> there. Never saw it anywhere else, except when the freeway was traffic
> jammed to a stop.

It happens in PA because a lot of onramps there are substandard, and
instead of fixing them or putting up warning signs, PennDOT actually
throw up stop signs at the ends of the onramps. They do it as well on
freeways when the right lane is being repaired. Scary.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 13th 05, 03:15 PM
BananaRepublican

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:

> Cory Dunkle wrote:
> > I believe the reason they do this is so you hit their econo-box or jalopy,
> > damage or destroy it, and then they collect the insurance money and eitehr
> > do it again or get another econo-box for a few hundred bucks and then do it
> > again. Now obvious they all can't be this malicious, but some are. The rest
> > are dumbass. When they stop just lay on the horn, look angry, and put your
> > hands up in the air so as to look like 'What the hell are you doing??'.

> Fortunately most on-ramps are wide enough that you can just pass moron-boy
> on the shoulder and merge right on in like you're supposed to.

I took a safe-driving course from AARP and the instructor suggested
stopping at the end of the on ramp, if there was no available space when
it ran out.
I got up and shot that idea down. In the bigger cities of at least
California, when you do your best at accelerating on the ramp and then
you "merge" which means diving into any space that is two inches longer
than you car, it is safer because everyone has been there and expects you
to do it. it is the norm. and it's the unexpected acts that screw
everyone up.
good luck.
and watch out for our Karmann Ghias, they are soooo fragile.

g adds.
MONEY , what a concept

stop signs Magnulus Driving 12 February 27th 05 07:21 AM
Running a stop sign is not speeding John F. Carr Driving 19 January 19th 05 05:50 PM
Noise after lift, 97TJ, bump stop shaft & spring? pbarton Jeep 8 January 9th 05 09:16 PM
Exiting a parking ramp John David Galt Driving 1 December 5th 04 08:00 PM