AquaC Remora Pro Break In.

Old July 23rd 03, 08:03 PM
Glenn A. Serpas Jr.

Default AquaC Remora Pro Break In.

I replaced my Seaclone piece of junk last Friday with an Aqua C Remora Pro
with the skim box and Mag 3 pump. Everything is setup and level. Per the
instructions I washed the unit in warm water prior to installing it to
clean off oils from the manufacturing process.

The instructions say it takes a few days to break in and begin producing
foam. However, mine is not producing that much foam. In fact its producing
about the same amount as the Sea Clone. I have the collection cup at the
lowest level. it appears the foam gets stuck at the top of the tube. In the
process the tube collects a bunch junk. Again, just like the Sea Clone was
doing in the end. What am I doing wrong here?

My tank is a 75 Gal with a fairly high bio load, so I'm sure there should
be plenty of waist for it to skim out. I can say the the oily slick on the
surface of the water is gone, but I expected it to extract more of the
waist.

For biological filtration I use UG with two power heads and a fluval
canister filter. Could the bio filtration be converting the waist before
the protein skimmer can remove it?

Thanks,
Glenn

Old July 24th 03, 03:20 AM
Dragon Slayer

I just replaced my modded SeaClone with the Aqua C Urchin Pro in my sump.
the first day with the cup set to the lowest it filled the cup full but it
was a "clear" liquid rather then a dark, I have slowly raised the cup over
the past week and it still fills the cup with a clear liquid but its slowly
getting "dialed in". you may have some junk clogging your injector, try
cleaning it out. today (day 6 with the new skimmer) is the first day it
didn't fill the cup almost full and I now have it set about 3" from the
lowest setting. IMO its doing a great job.

kc

Old July 24th 03, 07:19 AM
Phloater

I've had mine for about 3 weeks and it has taken off big time!!! The first week
or so it did produce foam but not like it is now!! It replaced my Red Sea Prism
skimmer. It still sorta sounds a bit like a jet engine at times but I so glad
I dumped money into a new skimmer!!

Old July 24th 03, 11:58 PM
Marc Levenson

If it sounds like that, then I would say you aren't using the new O-ring Aqua C is
distributing to its customers. As soon as I put one on mine, it became virtually
silent.

Marc

--
Personal Page: http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/oanda/index.html
Business Page: http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com

Old July 25th 03, 08:03 PM
RickS

I thought mine was fairly noisy at first as well too. It came with the Maxijet and the O-ring. I had the cup set high, about 3/4 of the way. I just spoke with Jason and he advised me to run it lower. (I spoke with him due to a weird problem....after 3 weeks of operation, my cup developed spiderweb cracks all over the bottom...he's sending a new one at n/c of course...terrific service BTW...I had merely e-mailed him with pictures of the problem and he chose to call me at home rather than reply via e-mail)

Anyway, once I lowered it, (now it's about a 1/4 of the way up) it became almost silent as well. I know it's still new and breaking in and will get quieter as time goes on, but it does appear that cup height will have a bearing on the noise. Anyone else notice this or is just because it's new?

Old August 5th 03, 04:02 AM
Mpacyna

If it sounds like that, then I would say you aren't using the new O-ring Aqua
C is
distributing to its customers. As soon as I put one on mine, it became
virtually
silent.

How do you contact Aqua C to get the new O-Ring?

mike