94 Caravan Cherry Manafold

Old August 10th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default 94 Caravan Cherry Manafold

3.0 mamfold gets cherry red after running about 5 minutes. Head gaskets
were replaced but the heds were not rebuilt. What would cause the engine
to shoot flames past the valves?

Old August 10th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

> wrote in message
> 3.0 mamfold gets cherry red after running about 5 minutes. Head gaskets
> were replaced but the heds were not rebuilt. What would cause the engine
> to shoot flames past the valves?

FUEL FUEL AND MORE FUEL. Is the check engine lite on? is the vehicle running
bad???/
Black smoke from the tail pipe?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 11th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Check engine light is not on and not codes are flashing. It rung just
below 2000 rpms wich i way to high and it"s not smoking

Old August 11th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NewMan[_1_]

Don't 'cha just love those 3.0 mitsubishi engines??? NOT!

Old August 12th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy

look at the converter and see if it's red too

Old August 13th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

The converter is not red and we took it off to see if it was blocked and
that"s when we noticed flames coing out of the manafold

Old August 14th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

> wrote in message
> The converter is not red and we took it off to see if it was blocked and
> that"s when we noticed flames coing out of the manafold

You got to take this into a dealer and have them hook a scantool to the
engine computer and run the engine and look at the readouts the scantool
is telling them. This is an EFI engine so something is telling the computer
greatly richen the mixture. Somewhere a sensor has gone wrong and the
computer can't detect it.

Ted

Old August 14th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

If you are looking at this at nite after you just come off a drive under
load you will see it may be red. And if you take the manifold off while
the engine is running you will also see flames coming out of the engine.
Thats normal. Other then the that how does the vehicle run?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler tech