whats the diffrence betwwen a 323 and a 325

Old June 7th 05, 05:07 PM
Jeff Strickland

"Kyle and Lori Greene" > wrote in message
news

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>
>> "E Brown" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:24:48 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

>>> Sounds like the aftermarket will be able to re-tune it. Of course,
>>> if it's like most cases, getting the faster model up front would be
>>> cheaper.
>>> Emanuel

>> I think you are probably right, and the fully tuned version is probably
>> better equipped as well. Just a thought ...
>>

> The 330i comes with Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Logic7 audio, power seats,
> 17" wheels and chrome trim. The 325i has these as options (except the
> chrome). If you add these to the 325i you're only about $1600 short of a
> base 330i with now comparable features. Try it at
> http://byo.bmwusa.com/configurator/c...=XAB60BMC141A0
> . I would imagine changing out the engine stuff on a 325i to get to the
> 330i performance level would cost a bit more than that $1600.

I agree. If one wants the performance of the 330, they should buy the 330
because they will get more than just the engine. The 330 gets better looking
tires and wheels if it gets nothing else.

Old June 8th 05, 12:53 AM
R. Rikoski

In article >,
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

> > The 330i comes with Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Logic7 audio, power seats,
> > 17" wheels and chrome trim. The 325i has these as options (except the
> > chrome). If you add these to the 325i you're only about $1600 short of a
> > base 330i with now comparable features. Try it at
> > http://byo.bmwusa.com/configurator/c...=XAB60BMC141A0
> > . I would imagine changing out the engine stuff on a 325i to get to the
> > 330i performance level would cost a bit more than that $1600.
> >

> I agree. If one wants the performance of the 330, they should buy the 330
> because they will get more than just the engine. The 330 gets better looking
> tires and wheels if it gets nothing else.

Mixed blessing. Low profile tires (esp Continentals) and soft alloy
wheels mean trouble in pothole cities.

Old June 8th 05, 01:30 AM
R. Mark Clayton

"R. Rikoski" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
>

>> > The 330i comes with Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Logic7 audio, power
>> > seats,
>> > 17" wheels and chrome trim. The 325i has these as options (except the
>> > chrome). If you add these to the 325i you're only about $1600 short of
>> > base 330i with now comparable features. Try it at
>> > http://byo.bmwusa.com/configurator/c...=XAB60BMC141A0
>> > . I would imagine changing out the engine stuff on a 325i to get to the
>> > 330i performance level would cost a bit more than that $1600.
>> >

>> I agree. If one wants the performance of the 330, they should buy the 330
>> because they will get more than just the engine. The 330 gets better
>> looking
>> tires and wheels if it gets nothing else.

> Mixed blessing. Low profile tires (esp Continentals) and soft alloy
> wheels mean trouble in pothole cities.

I live in Manchester UK, so I fit standard profile Uniroyal. OK so they are
not quite so good at the limit in the dry, but I rarely go near the limit in
the dry, and would get an awful lot of tickets if I did. It is however very
easy to find the limit unintentionally in the wet. It rains most days in
Manchester.

Old June 9th 05, 02:42 AM
Terry I via CarKB.com

--