Ion - dissapointing

Old March 27th 05, 08:27 PM
Art

Sorry but many of those annoyances include cheap plastic levers which cost a
lot of money to replace when they snap off. Meanwhile with proper
maintenence, few people have problems even with those crappy Ford engines.

"blah blah" > wrote in message
> Yes let us ignore the those petty internal workings of the car for the
> much more important annoyances in the interior that effect only the most
> hypersensitive people driving those pesky rentals... <roles eyes>
>

> In article . net>,
> says...
>> The problem I have with GM Grand Prix and Bonneville is that whenever I
>> rent
>> one I just cannot believe how many annoyances GM can build into the
>> interior
>> of a car. It is beyond me why they can't fix the darn interior. It is
>> quiet but annoying as hell.
>>

>> "blah blah" > wrote in message
>> > Yeah if you want to work on that Duratec 30degree V6 POS and if you
>> > actually think its going to hold up lugging around that 3800lbs sedan.
>> >
>> > My car, made in 1998, is roughly the same weight,
>> > .8 liters more,
>> > 12 valves less,
>> > 2 hp more,
>> > 30 Lbs more torque,
>> > uses a "timing chain" (not sure if duratec uses a belt but its likely),
>> > same highway mileage while I'm doing 75mph with it seldom dipping below
>> > 24mpg combined highway/city and its design came out nearly 10 years
>> > ago!!!
>> >
>> > I hardly call the Ford 500 revolutionary. If you want a car now in its
>> > price range, with a warranty, and that is easy to work on after the
>> > warrenty is up then you better grab a new Bonneville before they're
>> > sold
>> > out or a Grand Prix. Either one with a 3800 would be far better than a
>> > car with an engine compartment that looks like it was thrown up in.
>> >

>> > In article t>,

says...

Old March 28th 05, 05:19 AM
blah blah

What Plastic levers? I cant recall any levers snapping off in any of my
Pontaics. You would have to be a complete Ape to break something in a
Pontiac and then you would be just as likely to break something in a BMW
or a Toyota and then you would pay more out the ass for a replacement.
If your only experiance with Pontiacs is "rentals" you hardly have a
opinion here as all rentals are abused.

Regular maintenence is one of the very things I cant stand with Fords.
They put no thought into their designs for what should be simple
maintenence and repairs. If you actually worked on cars you would know
that. As an example, motor mounts dont last forever and when they do go
they always seem to take 3 times longer and 10 times more tools to
replace on a Ford.

Judging by your post I have seen here and elsewhere there is nothing
out there that will satisfy you Art. Every tiny bad experiance you have
seems to entitle you to steriotype an entire brand. Everything you have
been in you hate. Anything that you will be in you will no doubt hate.
Anything that has yet to be conceived you will hate and you will be damn
sure to troll every group with that hateful nitpicking of yours for
every trivial thing you can find. I'm not sure how you even stand being
near a car. You obviously have no real reason for being here, welcome to
my killfile troll.

In article .net>,
says...