How many here use TrackIR?

Old May 23rd 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Roger Longcock

Default How many here use TrackIR?

This post is spot on! I think the original poster has fallen into the trap
of wanting to be too comfortable with using a sim. It's this attitude that
has dumded down this hobby.

The point about being able to focus and concentrate while being thrown
around, is a very salient one. This hobby will not be seen a feeder route
into real life racing unless it introduced some of the inconvenient and
uncomfortable realities of the real thing to racer wanting to cross over.

But what we have is a user base that is steering sim racing from a position
of ignorance, toward a perceived reality that doesn't exist.

Old May 23rd 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gumby

"Roger Longcock" > wrote in
:

> This post is spot on! I think the original poster has fallen into the
> trap of wanting to be too comfortable with using a sim. It's this
> attitude that has dumded down this hobby.
>
> The point about being able to focus and concentrate while being thrown
> around, is a very salient one. This hobby will not be seen a feeder
> route into real life racing unless it introduced some of the
> inconvenient and uncomfortable realities of the real thing to racer
> wanting to cross over.
>
> But what we have is a user base that is steering sim racing from a
> position of ignorance, toward a perceived reality that doesn't exist.

No, dumbass, my point is that in a real car you are moving with the G-
Forces and raod bumps and can feel them and not stationary like when on
your PC. Surely, even a 10 year old can understand the difference? Why not
you? And just so you know, I've been playing racing sims since the days of
Papyrus IndyCar Racing so am not new to this game at all.
Old May 23rd 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gumby

"==--==" > wrote in

> I have my "head vibration" and "look to apex" turned on in rFactor and
> I think it adds to my immersion and thus pleasure.

I only turned that off because I am using TrackIR. Are you using TrackIR?
Why would I have the game artificially move the view to look into the apex
when with TrackIR I am already doing that myself? I can only assume you
don't have TRackIR and your post was a complete waste because you don't
even understand what I was talking about.

> *** Of course this is all IMPO - so you can ignore if you like
> *** --

I ignored 90% of it because you don't seem to understand the difference
between moving with G-Forces and bumps in the road and sitting stationary
in a computer chair with no forces to be felt at all. You seem to have the
same issue of understanding basic laws of physics as that dumbass Longcock.
Don't play "know it all" with me when it is obviuous you are talking out of
your butt crack.
Old May 24th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
==--==

Yup - you're right.

My message was a waste of time --- you're too stupid to get it.

Thank You

==--==

Trackir 4 Victor Greenwood Simulators 10 January 21st 06 11:00 PM
TrackIR 3 or 4? Bob Loblaw Simulators 5 January 4th 06 05:44 PM
TrackIR and NR2003 Saltheart_Foamfollower Simulators 4 July 31st 05 12:02 AM
TrackIR & GPL+GPLshift Claude Leclerc Simulators 1 March 18th 05 03:35 AM
TrackIR Mitch_A Simulators 31 March 4th 05 09:12 PM