BMW X5 4.8i M Sport

Old June 10th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
[email protected]

Default BMW X5 4.8i M Sport

BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
range-topping model.

http://automobnews.blogspot.com/

Old June 10th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
dwight[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
> BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
> customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
> when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
> range-topping model.

Orientated?

dwight

Old June 10th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
WindsorFox[_2_]

wrote:
> BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
> BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
> customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
> when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
> range-topping model.

http://automobnews.blogspot.com/

And the Ford Edge is still faster.

--
Dear Team,

Please do the removal of address IP 127.0.0.1
from your list. I want my internets back! - Russel Wood

I hope you drop your amatuer camera in a toilet by accident
and electrocute your stupid self trying to fish it out. - Flaming Poultice
Old June 10th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
Tom K.

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
>> BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
>> customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
>> when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
>> range-topping model.

> Orientated?

Apparently preferred usage in Great Britain, but not in the U.S. Who woulda
thunk it?

http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexper...ammar/oriented

Tom K.

Old June 11th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
Jeff Mayner

WindsorFox wrote:
> wrote:
>> BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
>> BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
>> customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
>> when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
>> range-topping model.

http://automobnews.blogspot.com/

> And the Ford Edge is still faster.

Really? I know the Edge has a pretty peppy engine but isn't it a bit on the
heavy side to be faster than a V8 X5?

I'll do a little checking and get back to myself. ;-)

Old June 11th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,it.discussioni.auto
WindsorFox

Jeff Mayner wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
>>> BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
>>> customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
>>> when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
>>> range-topping model.

http://automobnews.blogspot.com/

>> And the Ford Edge is still faster.

> Really? I know the Edge has a pretty peppy engine but isn't it a bit on the
> heavy side to be faster than a V8 X5?
>
> I'll do a little checking and get back to myself. ;-)

I don't know, I'm in a Mustang group so that was more of a troll for
spam-boi. I'd say ask the guy that made the Ford commercial. Faster than
a BMW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbN0aaI87M8 and quieter than an
RX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QNNdb3O2WE

Old June 12th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.bmw
Lloyd[_2_]

On Jun 10, 2:43 pm, WindsorFox > wrote:
> wrote:
> > BMW's ever-popular M Sport derivative is to be introduced to the new
> > BMW X5 range for the first time. On sale now, the new flagship offers
> > customers a substantial level of sports-orientated standard equipment
> > when compared to SE specification to offer a distinctive and dynamic
> > range-topping model.

> >http://automobnews.blogspot.com/

> And the Ford Edge is still faster.

Than a V8 X5? You're crazy. Heck, the Edge is even slower than the
Mercedes ML350.