Plymouth Sundance dies

Old October 30th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rudyc

Default Plymouth Sundance dies

I did'nt see a Plymouth forum so this is next closest.Sometimes when I come
to a stop the eng. dies all of a sudden like I just turned off the key. It
restarts after a few seconds and It won't happen again for days
sometimes. The idle is according to specs.and it runs fine otherwise. Any
ideas? Thanks

Old October 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

what year and engine size?

idle air control motor is probable, let's hear the responses once we get
a year and engine size.

Ted

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 30th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"rudyc" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I did'nt see a Plymouth forum so this is next closest.Sometimes when I

come
> to a stop the eng. dies all of a sudden like I just turned off the key. It
> restarts after a few seconds and It won't happen again for days
> sometimes. The idle is according to specs.and it runs fine otherwise. Any
> ideas? Thanks

Its either a 2.2 or 2.5. It could be a number of things. A MAP or TPS sensor
could cause thing. A Distributor pickup plate or a worn out rotor button
could also cause this. Was the power loss lite on? Visit this site and let
me know if there were any faults stored
http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old October 31st 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rudyc

Sorry ,I forgot to say the year. It's an '88 with a 4 cyl 2.2 L.

Old October 31st 06, 09:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"rudyc" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I did'nt see a Plymouth forum so this is next closest.Sometimes when I

come
> to a stop the eng. dies all of a sudden like I just turned off the key. It
> restarts after a few seconds and It won't happen again for days
> sometimes. The idle is according to specs.and it runs fine otherwise. Any
> ideas? Thanks

repost

Sundance dies rudyc Honda 1 October 30th 06 05:54 PM
1994 Plymouth Sundance 2.2L - runs poor when engine cold Kevin Chrysler 5 December 12th 05 04:04 AM
1993 Plymouth Sundance preedRI Dodge 0 March 1st 05 09:32 PM
'92 Plymouth Sundance - Burning Oil? Bobby Villamor Chrysler 10 December 16th 04 12:05 AM