Acclaim 2.5L AIS motor replacement/adjustment HELP needed

Old October 24th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Snowman

Default Acclaim 2.5L AIS motor replacement/adjustment HELP needed

Hello
I have an Acclaim with 2.4L four, that is idling too high. Found no
vacuum leaks. Tested with OTC scanner, idle speed will hover at 1200rpm
even when called for base idle (750). I can increase to about 1400 from
the scanner, but if I ask for more it will not increase. So it is
partially repsonding. I am going to remove AIS motor and clean TB
inside, somewhere I read there is an adjustment on how far the pintle
sticks out of the motor. Anyone know more about this? Any help would be
appreciated. Maybe something common to dodge product.

Old October 24th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Snowman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello
> I have an Acclaim with 2.4L four, that is idling too high. Found no
> vacuum leaks. Tested with OTC scanner, idle speed will hover at 1200rpm
> even when called for base idle (750). I can increase to about 1400 from
> the scanner, but if I ask for more it will not increase. So it is
> partially repsonding. I am going to remove AIS motor and clean TB
> inside, somewhere I read there is an adjustment on how far the pintle
> sticks out of the motor. Anyone know more about this? Any help would be
> appreciated. Maybe something common to dodge product.

You mentioned nothing about fault codes? Where there any stored? There is no
adjustment for the AIS motor, you put it in and that's it. It may or may not
fix your problem, a faulty TPS sensor or related wiring could cause this and
many other things. The engine controller's driver circuit for the AIS may
also be causing this.
Good luck

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old October 24th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Snowman

TPS value is 1.00 at idle and rock stable, linear as I increase. Could
be MAP but that was within range when I looked at the value. There is a
mention about adjusting pintle length to 1" from AIS body prior to
installing, but I am unclear on that. Will look deeper into it later
today. Could be as simple as cleaning pintle seat in TB, if it sticks
it will never manage to regulate properly. Chrysler stealership wants
$100 for AIS, and it is a cheap plastic one. Tempted to pull one off
junk yard and try my luck. Car is perfectly driveable as is, so I am
not too worried, eventually I'll get to the bottom of it. Cheers!

Old October 24th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Snowman

Forgot: no fault codes stored or active. And it is a 2.5L motor (not
2.4)

Old October 25th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

In article .com>,
"Snowman" > wrote:

> Forgot: no fault codes stored or active. And it is a 2.5L motor (not
> 2.4)

I had that engine in my '86 Le'Baron GTS.
I believe there is an adjustment for minimum idle speed only.
I'd look for sticking in the throttle links.
Check if you can reduce the idle speed by pushing the links back to
idle.
I'd be tempted to give the throttle controls a total clean up, before
replacing parts.
Old October 28th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

check out the pcv system really good you could have a internal vac. leak

Old October 28th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Knifeblade_03[_74_]

There doesn't seem to be any adjustment for the AIS pintle, except that
the pintle should be in "retracted" position when installing to
throttle body.

Spec. says the pintle itself is in retracted position if the pintle
length is 1" or less out of the AIS motor body. Measurement is from
tip of pintle to base of motor where pintle protrudes from. Don't
forget to ensure you have the O-ring on the pintle before reinstall.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Transplanting a 2.5L into a CJ Neil[_1_] Jeep 6 October 6th 06 01:23 AM
Odd leakdown test, good compression, advice needed devnull Technology 5 April 14th 06 11:50 PM
Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM
Overheated 2.5L Mazda SQ Technology 6 August 19th 05 06:41 PM
1994 Plymouth Acclaim overheating 4 cyl Auto Daniel J. Stern Chrysler 10 February 25th 05 06:24 AM