Ding in windshield

Old April 1st 05, 02:31 PM
Oppie

Default Ding in windshield

Some April Fools joke, a car going the other way on a 2 lane highway kicked
up a stone which landed right in the middle of my sight line. Left a 3/4"
ding which hopefully can be repaired. At the recommendation of the garage
next door, I called 'windshield wizard' to look at it.
I tried on two other occasions, the diy windshield repair kits and was not
impressed with the results.

Old April 1st 05, 03:23 PM
Bob Shuman

If it truly is in the line of sight, you will probably need to replace the
entire windshield glass. Check with your insurance company.

Bob

news:1112362303.9a6b8ff7767e5e8cbfaed8bf4e05c650@t eranews...

Old April 1st 05, 06:58 PM
Dan Duncan

Oppie > wrote:
> Some April Fools joke, a car going the other way on a 2 lane highway kicked
> up a stone which landed right in the middle of my sight line. Left a 3/4"
> ding which hopefully can be repaired. At the recommendation of the garage
> next door, I called 'windshield wizard' to look at it.

I had pretty good luck getting a foot long crack repaired. The sooner
you get it fixed the better it will look because if you wait dirt will
accumulate in the crack and it will show up more. If you fix it
right away, it's practically invisible.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# I was in the grocery store. I saw a sign that said "pet supplies." So I
Old April 1st 05, 11:14 PM
Oppie

I had tried getting an appointment with some of the big names in glass
service and all gave me pretty shabby response time (over a week). Wound up
taking it to a local glass guy who charged me $50 with the agreement that if
the crack spread or I was unhappy for any reason, the money would be
credited to replacement cost of entire windshield. And he did it as a
drive-in while I waited in his shop. Took about 20 minutes and repair was
almost un-noticeable. I'm a happy camper since I didn't want to put this on
my insurance and replacement was about $260.
Oppie