1998 4x4 4-Door Chevrolet Blazer Multifuntion Switch Replacement

Old January 19th 04, 08:12 AM
BPO

Default 1998 4x4 4-Door Chevrolet Blazer Multifuntion Switch Replacement

Greetings! I believe I need to replace the multifunction switch in my Blazer.
The flasher stays on constantly, even without the Hazard button or turn signal
lever engaged. I've been looking at a parts breakdown of the steering column out
of a Mitchell repair manual, and am wondering if I need to remove the steering
wheel in order to change out the switch. If anyone in this group has changed one
of these, please help! Thanks!

BPO

Old January 19th 04, 03:50 PM
Mike Romain

Ya it is a bugger of a job.

The steering wheel has to come off and then under that the 'lock plate'
has to come off. They both need special tools to remove.

Up here in Canada, canadian Tire will 'lend' out the tools.

Then maybe you have an air bag in it?

I would be pulling the flasher unit and swapping it with a good one
before ripping everything apart though.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 19th 04, 03:50 PM