97 explorer problem

Old March 10th 05, 02:16 PM
sandypert

Default 97 explorer problem

i replaced my iac value and still have the same problem. Murrays said it
might be my coolant sensor???????????????

Old March 11th 05, 07:54 AM
Jim Warman

OK..... it might be a lot of things. Some symptoms, any codes..... if the
guy at Murrays was any good, he'd make more money as a tech than he does as
a partsmonger.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 6th 05, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

it's winter again and my 97 explorer is acting up again. In the morning
when i start up my truck i have a hard time keeping it going, it idals
real high and i can't keep it started unless i take off and drive. after
i'm started it runs just fine. i took it to a mechanic and he said it was
something to do with the manifold and it would cost me at least $500 to
fix. I told him if it was an air leak why does it only do this in the
winter. In warm weather it runs just fine. and after i get it going the
rest of the day it runs just fine. it just the first time in the morning
every day. can anybody tell me what they think it might be.

Old December 6th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"sandypert" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> it's winter again and my 97 explorer is acting up again. In the

morning
> when i start up my truck i have a hard time keeping it going, it

idals
> real high and i can't keep it started unless i take off and drive.

after
> i'm started it runs just fine. i took it to a mechanic and he said

it was
> something to do with the manifold and it would cost me at least $500

> fix. I told him if it was an air leak why does it only do this in

the
> winter. In warm weather it runs just fine. and after i get it

going the
> rest of the day it runs just fine. it just the first time in the

morning
> every day. can anybody tell me what they think it might be.

Either the IAC, or what he told you (that was a common problem). Takes
a few hours to change the upper intake manifold gaskets...

Old December 6th 05, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"Rick" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "sandypert" > wrote in message

lkaboutautos.com...
> > it's winter again and my 97 explorer is acting up again. In the

> morning
> > when i start up my truck i have a hard time keeping it going, it

> idals
> > real high and i can't keep it started unless i take off and drive.

> after
> > i'm started it runs just fine. i took it to a mechanic and he

said
> it was
> > something to do with the manifold and it would cost me at least

$500
> > fix. I told him if it was an air leak why does it only do this in

> the
> > winter. In warm weather it runs just fine. and after i get it

> going the
> > rest of the day it runs just fine. it just the first time in the

> morning
> > every day. can anybody tell me what they think it might be.
> >

> Either the IAC, or what he told you (that was a common problem).

Takes
> a few hours to change the upper intake manifold gaskets...

Not sure if I still have the TSB for this. If I find it I'll post a
link...