1996 Chrysler Concorde

Old October 29th 04, 04:04 PM
partsmore

Thank you all!
--
Car came in with a p0301 code- mis-fire in cyl #1;
and plug is burnt...-- reset codes,
replaced plug, cleaned intakes with seafoam,
and treated engine and fuel with Seafoam also;
running now, with no codes, and idles smoothly;
---
now it is ready for our master service job - front to back,
--

You guys are awesum!

Old October 29th 04, 04:59 PM
partsmore

ok,
changed fuel filter, plug #1, air filter, checked all fluids, engine still
idles rough, touch the accel. and she smooths right out. Spraying a little
starting fluid around the front of the intake manifold changes the idle
speed instantly. have cod p301 #1 cylinder misfire again-
intake gasket?
---
hours for this job approx 1.7 in manual, looks like to me the upper would
unbolt and lift off of intake, after you remove the EGR tubes.
----
Will be heading to allpar for info...
FelPro shows and upper set...
---

Old October 29th 04, 09:07 PM
partsmore

both upper and lower intake gaskets are
leaking -- both brittle and hard.
ordered the thermo gasket, the egr tube gaskets, the fuel rail gaskets,
plugs, and wires; since we are here.... hardest part is getting the old
gasket off....
--
my 98 Ram 5.9l intake is leaking-- suppose you guys can talk me into going
it...?