Porsche 944 taillight question

Old January 15th 05, 09:53 PM
Malc

"N8N" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> > On a UK 944 at least, the reflector only (middle bottom section) is

> the
> > sidelight, the brakelights are the outer lower sections, the inner

> upper &
> > lower sections are foglights on both sides.

> Thanks Malc, so what you are saying is that even on the ECE bulbholders
> there are no "shared" segments in the taillights?

Yes that's right. The lower outer segment /could/ be shared between brake &
sidelight (ie if the sidelight took up two segments) but it isn't on mine.

Malc.

Old January 16th 05, 02:24 PM
N8N

Garth Almgren wrote:
> Around 1/11/2005 3:53 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>
> > Already posted to the 944 group, but figured I'd repost it here

since
> > some lighting-knowledgeable people read this group and to my

knowledge
> > don't hang out in Porsche-land.

> Heh. Since Judy hasn't replied to this thread yet, I'll beat him to

it:

> You want to improve your vehicle's lighting?!?!!!11/? What kind of
> bloddthirsty loonball are you?

She probably read the subject line and ASSumed anyone driving a Porsche
really *was* a bloddthirsty loonball...

nate

Old January 16th 05, 02:24 PM
N8N

Old January 17th 05, 03:49 AM
Nate Nagel

Malc wrote:

> "N8N" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>

>>>On a UK 944 at least, the reflector only (middle bottom section) is

>>the
>>
>>>sidelight, the brakelights are the outer lower sections, the inner

>>upper &
>>
>>>lower sections are foglights on both sides.

>>Thanks Malc, so what you are saying is that even on the ECE bulbholders
>>there are no "shared" segments in the taillights?

> Yes that's right. The lower outer segment /could/ be shared between brake &
> sidelight (ie if the sidelight took up two segments) but it isn't on mine.
>
> Malc.

Another follow up... wiring does not appear to be installed nor are
their bulbholders in the unused position in the taillights. However
this looks like a fairly easy job if anyone has a scrap taillight they'd
like to donate or sell for the cause. anyone...? I promise to document
should anyone want to do this conversion in the future.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 17th 05, 03:49 AM
Nate Nagel

Old January 17th 05, 05:00 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:

> Another follow up... wiring does not appear to be installed nor are
> their bulbholders in the unused position in the taillights. However
> this looks like a fairly easy job if anyone has a scrap taillight they'd
> like to donate or sell for the cause. anyone...? I promise to document
> should anyone want to do this conversion in the future.

Looks as though there are some very affordable used ones ($25 and $30)
found on www.car-part.com (searchable used auto parts nationwide). The
results are sorted in descending-price order; the page with the lowest
price is marked with a *.
Old January 17th 05, 05:00 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old January 17th 05, 05:23 AM
Nate Nagel

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:
>

>>Another follow up... wiring does not appear to be installed nor are
>>their bulbholders in the unused position in the taillights. However
>>this looks like a fairly easy job if anyone has a scrap taillight they'd
>>like to donate or sell for the cause. anyone...? I promise to document
>>should anyone want to do this conversion in the future.

> Looks as though there are some very affordable used ones ($25 and $30)
> found on www.car-part.com (searchable used auto parts nationwide). The
> results are sorted in descending-price order; the page with the lowest
> price is marked with a *.

Nothing under $75 in MD except for "call" - I've found when dealing with
"unusual" cars (and that includes just about anything I'd want to drive)
in this area (DC/Baltimore) it's easier just to throw out feelers and
see who's parting a car. Generally get a much better deal that way, and
often meet some interesting people as well.

Heck, for $75... I've seen whole parts cars go for under $500. I really
need to get a place with a big back yard

nate

Old January 17th 05, 05:23 AM
Nate Nagel

Old January 17th 05, 07:43 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > Looks as though there are some very affordable used ones ($25 and $30)
> > found on www.car-part.com (searchable used auto parts nationwide). The
> > results are sorted in descending-price order; the page with the lowest
> > price is marked with a *.

> Nothing under $75 in MD

That's what UPS and USPS are for.

Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM
FA: The Porsche Album "Die Porsche Kassette" Julian Standen Antique cars 0 February 27th 04 10:49 PM