THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

Old January 21st 05, 02:28 PM
winnard

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "winnard" > wrote in newsKZHd.37$A_.21
> @okepread03:
>

> > "Joe" > wrote in message
> >> "Joel K. 'Jay' Furr" > wrote in
> >> :

> >> I currently own and play a '97 Roadhouse Stratocaster; I've

> previously
> >> owned a '71 Gibson SG Special. I also own a vintage Danelectro and

> >> customized '70s Guild S100. I've played countless Strats, Teles,

> Les
> >> Pauls, ES335s, etc. and they're all great guitars in their own

> right.
> >>
> >> Now if I had the money, I'd go out and get a Paul Reed Smith.
> >>

> > A Paul Reed Smith is about as fashionable as one of those

> Livestrong
> > bracelets, and as flashy as '77 Thunderbird with whitewall tires.
> >

> > winnard

> Uh, moron, it's one of the best-playing guitars you can buy.

Wrong. It's a poser guitar.

winnard

Old January 21st 05, 04:35 PM
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Joe wrote:

> "winnard" > wrote in
>

>>"Wound Up" > wrote in message
>>
>>>--

> <Wound Up's rant snipped>
>
>>>Wound Up

>> I forgot to add, Gibson is better than Fender, by the way.
>>

>>winnard

> What are you, a _complete_ moron? Gibson and Fenders are both great,
> just different. Just like Fords and Dodges.

Indeed. Or Bud and Miller.

Old January 21st 05, 06:47 PM
Pepito

On 2005-01-19 16:53:21 -0500, Tony Lima > said:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:46:52 -0600, "winnard"
> > wrote:
>
>> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better. Rapping
>> one out at
>> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can. How
>> can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi dump trucks sound?
>> Those sound really good for a Dodge.

> iPod with a little electrical connection to the accelerator.
> You owe me $1. - Tony

Hmm this is interesting, from cars to brands, guitars, mp3 players...
took me a while to read the whole thing.

Old January 21st 05, 07:46 PM
Trent Woodruff

>Joe was cut from the Baylor football team for saying...
(Trent Woodruff) wrote in
>>>Joe was cut from the Baylor football team for saying...

>>>What are you, a _complete_ moron? Gibson and Fenders are both
>>>great, just different. Just like Fords and Dodges.

>> "Just like" two brands of vehicle that routinely suck?

>Trent, why'd your parent(s) give you somebody else's last name for a
>first name?

Because they knew I was going to be a very unique and eclectic
individual. And they were weird.

>BTW, your sig's missing the most importane "bone". But I guess that's
>to be expected.

You have your priorities, and I have mine.

Trent
Chairborne "Nine of Diamonds" Ranger

....To be a great NCO, you need three bones: a backbone, a wishbone and a funny bone.
Old January 21st 05, 11:40 PM
MoParMaN

"Pepito" > wrote in message
news:2005012112472716807%josephamadeusNSPAM@mindsp ringcom...
> On 2005-01-19 16:53:21 -0500, Tony Lima > said:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:46:52 -0600, "winnard"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better.
>>> Rapping
>>> one out at
>>> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can.
>>> How
>>> can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi dump trucks sound?
>>> Those sound really good for a Dodge.

>> iPod with a little electrical connection to the accelerator.
>> You owe me $1. - Tony

> Hmm this is interesting, from cars to brands, guitars, mp3 players... took
> me a while to read the whole thing.

Ya gotta be quick around here....O, I fergot. Ya drive a Ford.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Old January 22nd 05, 12:28 AM
Wound Up

MoParMaN wrote:
> "Pepito" > wrote in message
> news:2005012112472716807%josephamadeusNSPAM@mindsp ringcom...
>
>>On 2005-01-19 16:53:21 -0500, Tony Lima > said:

>>>iPod with a little electrical connection to the accelerator.
>>>You owe me $1. - Tony

>>Hmm this is interesting, from cars to brands, guitars, mp3 players... took
>>me a while to read the whole thing.

> Ya gotta be quick around here....O, I fergot. Ya drive a Ford.

Do you realize you're still in a Mustang group, or have you forgotten
entirely by now?

I could give a **** what you drive. But I wonder what your purpose is
here, aside from being a petty, antagonistic ass. I don't see one. Go
back to AADT and quit being a childish prick in RAMFM.

By the way, how many Calvin peeing stickers do you have on your window?

--
Wound Up

1967 Mustang Coupe, restored & modified

"A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist." - Anonymous

Old January 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Bill Lang wrote:

> 442 sure as hell sounds better than 5 litres.

No it doesn't because 442 is NOT an engine size.

>Litres is french for
> gallon. Why would you name an engine by the size of the gas tank?

Can you really be that stupid and still able to figure out Usenet?
Litre is not the French word for gallon, it's not even a French word
and has nothing to do with the size of a gas tank

> And I know 442 wasn't the biggest. Any moran knows that. Hell, my
> pop had a 454 casul.

Figures he was a chevy driver....

--
3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
Old January 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

SVTKate wrote:

> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote
>
> | > Man.. don't take it all so literally. You'd think he was talking sh*t
> about
> | > your momma or something!
> | > Go start your big ol ugly assed truck and suck on your exhaust pipe for
> | > awhile.
> | > Maybe it will mellow you out.
> | >
> | > Kate.
> |
> | You've got to slow down some, I can't change quotes that fast!!!
> |

> Uhh...
> slow down?
>
> Kidding... right?
>
> Kate

Just be witty less often ROFL!

Old January 22nd 05, 01:22 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Wound Up wrote:

>> Ya gotta be quick around here....O, I fergot. Ya drive a Ford.

> Do you realize you're still in a Mustang group, or have you forgotten
> entirely by now?
>
> I could give a **** what you drive. But I wonder what your purpose is
> here, aside from being a petty, antagonistic ass. I don't see one. Go
> back to AADT and quit being a childish prick in RAMFM.
>
> By the way, how many Calvin peeing stickers do you have on your window?

None. He scraped them all off when I kicked his ass in my Murano.

Old January 22nd 05, 03:20 AM
SVTKate

LOL
it comes in stages. this too will pass.