87 XJ cheap

Old September 15th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l
Will Honea[_1_]

Default 87 XJ cheap

If anyone near Colorado Springs wants an 87 XJ in decent shape (nice
body, engine is a little tired but runs well, owner has a list of all
the problems he knows about <g>) drop me a note and I'll put you in
touch. They bought her a Forester to replace it but the dealer didn't
want to take the Cherokee in trade. Good for parts if nothing else
and I'm sure they would appreciate getting it hauled away.

Just posting for your info - dickering is up to you!

--
Will Honea

Old September 16th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l
Earle Horton[_1_]

They used to tell me that, but now I tell them they "have to" take my trade
in. I got $200 trade in on a completely worn out 1960 Rambler American
Station Wagon once. ;^)

Earle

Old September 16th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l
Lon

Wait till it is so old the dealer offers YOU the $200 if you'll just
keep it.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Old September 16th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.4x4
Will Honea[_1_]

LOL! I had the same conversation with this gal the other day. I
thought about picking it up for parts myself - it has a D44 rear end
plus some other bits and pieces I could use, but the thought of
convincing the wife that I needed another project car ended that.
Understandably, the poor guy is tired of fixing it to please his wife
and at that age, fixing is a regular requirement. I think the killing
blow was the 95 degree day after the a/c quit. Definitely a project
but the body is damned near perfect so I thought I'd troll for anyone
interested.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:48:22 UTC "Earle Horton"

--
Will Honea