NAFTA superhighway to mean drugged Mexican truck drivers on US roads

Old August 30th 06, 03:29 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Driver One

Default NAFTA superhighway to mean drugged Mexican truck drivers on US roads

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51712

WorldNetDaily.com

NAFTA superhighway to mean Mexican drivers, say Teamsters
Union warns of drug-taking truckers, unsafe rigs on planned trade
routes

August 28, 2006

WASHINGTON ,DC

The NAFTA superhighway, a north-south interstate trade corridor
linking Mexico, Canada and the U.S., would mean U.S. truckers replaced
by Mexicans, more unsafe rigs on American roads and more drivers
relying on drugs for their long hauls, charges the International
Brotherhood of Teamsters – the latest group to weigh in against the
Bush administration plan.

The August issue of Teamster magazine features a cover story on the
plan for an enlarged I-35 that will reach north from the drug capital
border town of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, 1,600 miles to Canada through San
Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Kansas City, Minneapolis and Duluth, while
I-69 originating at the same crossing will shoot north to Michigan and
across the Canadian border.

Public proposals for the superhighway calls for each corridor to be
1,200 feet wide with six lanes devoted to cars, four to trucks, with a
rail line and utilities in the middle. Most of the goods will come
from new Mexican ports being built on the Pacific Coast – ports being
run by Chinese state-controlled shipping companies.

"Tens of thousands of unregulated, unsafe Mexican trucks will flow
unchecked through out border – a very real threat to the safety of our
highways, homeland security and good-paying American jobs," writes
Teamster President Jim Hoffa. "The Bush administration hasn't given up
on its ridiculous quest to open our border to unsafe Mexican trucking
companies. In fact, Bush is quietly moving forward with plans to build
the massive network of highways from the Mexican border north through
Detroit into Canada that would make cross-border trucking effortless."

So incensed was the union over the plan for the NAFTA superhighway
that it sent investigative reporter Charles Bowden to Mexico for its
August magazine report on the problems affecting Mexican drivers –
problems that could soon come home to Americans with the plans for the
new intercontinental highways.

Drivers interviewed for the magazine report say they are exploited by
companies that force them to drive 4,500 kilometers alone over the
course of five or six nights without sleep. How do they stay awake on
such long hauls?

One driver says, "professional secret." Another laughs, "magic dust."
Others mention "special chemicals."

"And then they are off, a torrent of words and quips and smiles, and a
knowing discussion of that jolt when a line of cocaine locks in,"
writes Bowden. "They are all family men who run the highways at least
25 days a month and they are adamant about two things – that nobody
can run these long hauls without cocaine and crystal meth, and now and
then some marijuana to level out the rush. And the biggest danger on
their endless runs comes from addicted Mexican truck drivers, which
means all truck drivers."

Mexican drivers, of course, earn considerably less than their U.S.
counterparts – about $1,100 a month. Hoffa says the NAFTA superhighway
plan would "allow global conglomerates to capitalize by exploiting
cheap labor and non-existent work rules and avoiding potential
security enhancements at U.S. ports."

The drivers interviewed for Teamster magazine say they are completely
at the mercy of their employers, the Mexican government and police –
who are the first to rob them. All of those interviewed said they have
killed people with their trucks on the highways and fled the accident
sites.

Hoffa calls NAFTA an "unqualified disaster" up to now – and wonders
why the nation continues to pursue the "free trade" agenda. Instead of
creating new jobs, he said, it has cost 3 million in manufacturing
alone. Instead of creating trade surpluses, America's trade deficit is
the worst ever, he says.

"If there's a positive side to the disastrous legacy of NAFTA, it's
that it has made it a little harder for the free trade cabal to wrap
their lies around subsequent job-killing deals," says Hoffa. "While
the White House and Senate still have a majority who continue to
support the free trade agenda, their ranks have shrunk over the years
– sometimes due to members of Congress changing their minds and
sometimes due to voters changing their member of Congress."

He adds: "If the Bush administration succeeds (with the NAFTA
superhighway), American drivers and their families will be forced to
share the roads with unsafe, uninsured trucks and millions of
good-paying American jobs will be lost. And just one weapon of mass
destruction in an unchecked container will be too many."

"The citizen who stands by his legal rights in the face of lawless government misconduct
upholds the law and renders a service not only to himself but the public generally."

--Justice Sanders,(defending the right to forcibly resist false arrest),
writing in dissent,State vs.Valentine,935 P.2d 1294.
WA Supreme Court, 1997.
Old August 30th 06, 05:03 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
gringo

Driver One wrote:
> [...]
> the worst ever, he says.
>
> "If there's a positive side to the disastrous legacy of NAFTA, it's
> that it has made it a little harder for the free trade cabal to wrap
> their lies around subsequent job-killing deals," says Hoffa. "While
> the White House and Senate still have a majority who continue to
> support the free trade agenda, their ranks have shrunk over the years
> – sometimes due to members of Congress changing their minds and
> sometimes due to voters changing their member of Congress."
>
> He adds: "If the Bush administration succeeds (with the NAFTA
> superhighway), American drivers and their families will be forced to
> share the roads with unsafe, uninsured trucks and millions of
> good-paying American jobs will be lost. And just one weapon of mass
> destruction in an unchecked container will be too many."

I read elsewhere, too, that once they clear the border, the Mexican trucks
won't be required to cross state scales or be subject to DOT inspections.
Old August 30th 06, 05:04 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:29:36 -0700, Driver One
> wrote:

>http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51712
>
>WorldNetDaily.com
>
>NAFTA superhighway to mean Mexican drivers, say Teamsters
>Union warns of drug-taking truckers, unsafe rigs on planned trade
>routes

Nobody in congress cares. The traitors are being paid a fortune to
allow this and so they do. America is the most corrupt nation in
history.
Old August 30th 06, 05:13 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, gringo wrote:

> I read elsewhere, too, that once they clear the border, the Mexican trucks
> won't be required to cross state scales or be subject to DOT inspections.

Welcome to the new USA, a third world kleptocracy and police state.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the mexican truckers even have to
worry about the speed limits or even right of way. Afterall, the small
minority that are pushing this CFR plan via the SPP are the ones
government and it's police serve.

Old August 30th 06, 08:47 PM
timmy timmy is offline
Junior Member

Location: s.c.

hey im new here how do you post a message I have a problem with my nissan frontier

[...]

-[/i][/color]

I read elsewhere, too, that once they clear the border, the Mexican trucks
won't be required to cross state scales or be subject to DOT inspections.[/quote]
Old August 30th 06, 11:19 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Eeyore[_1_]

Driver One wrote:

> NAFTA superhighway to mean Mexican drivers, say Teamsters
> Union warns of drug-taking truckers, unsafe rigs on planned trade
> routes

LMAO. Yeah right. Teamsters - lol.

Graham

Old August 30th 06, 11:23 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Eeyore[_1_]

gringo wrote:

> I read elsewhere, too, that once they clear the border, the Mexican trucks
> won't be required to cross state scales or be subject to DOT inspections.

Why would that be ?

Graham

Old September 1st 06, 12:30 AM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
dave481

I read elsewhere, too, that once they clear the border, the Mexican
trucks
> won't be required to cross state scales or be subject to DOT inspections.

Naw, you guys can chill. They are held to the same standards as any
other trucker. Canadians have been here a long time. As to the
"superhighway". It's not I-35 but an extension of I-27 that currently
is in the Texas panhandle. It will follow US 83 to US 87. Then up
through west Texas. It will miss San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Ft.
Worth. OK City, etc. etc. Look at Mapquest.com
Teamster? Founded and operated by thugs and thieves and Democrats. Look
it up. Easy to confirm.

Old September 1st 06, 11:19 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Bill Funk

On 31 Aug 2006 16:30:12 -0700, "dave481" > wrote:

>Naw, you guys can chill. They are held to the same standards as any
>other trucker. Canadians have been here a long time. As to the
>"superhighway". It's not I-35 but an extension of I-27 that currently
>is in the Texas panhandle. It will follow US 83 to US 87. Then up
>through west Texas. It will miss San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Ft.
>Worth. OK City, etc. etc. Look at Mapquest.com
>Teamster? Founded and operated by thugs and thieves and Democrats. Look
>it up. Easy to confirm.

I went he
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15497
and clicked oj nthe map they have; it does use I35.
Lots of other sites about the highway use the same map.
Maybe this is a newer alignment.
Out of curiosity, how do you find this on mapquest?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 9th 06, 08:05 PM posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
PirateJohn

Bill Funk wrote:

> I went he
> http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15497
> and clicked oj nthe map they have; it does use I35.
> Lots of other sites about the highway use the same map.
> Maybe this is a newer alignment.
> Out of curiosity, how do you find this on mapquest?
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"

A lot of things don't make any sense. For one thing, Mexican Rt. 40
coming out of Mazatlan is called the Devil's Backbone. It's a winding
two-lane road that cuts across the lower portion of the Sierra Madres
mountain range. Interstate quality it's not, nor is there much of a
chance that it could be upgraded any time soon because it's hanging on
the side of a mountian and would require tremendous earth moving.
There is, however, a divided toll road north of Mazatlan that runs
through Hermosillo and up to Nogales, AZ which isn't mentioned on the
map and would be much more logical for routing trucks.

And Mazatlan isn't much of a port. If they were planning to upgrade
either the Devil's Backbone or the Port of Mazatlan I'm 100% confident
that the gringo community down there would have heard about it and
there hasn't been a peep.

This web site is geared to a gringo audience. For something like this
to genuinely work there would have to be more input from Mexican
authorities.

This seems more like a pipe dream or an ambitious proposal than
something that is an actual governmental directive.

--PirateJohn--
www.PirateJohn.com