2010 Miata Facelift Pics

Old September 4th 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

Default 2010 Miata Facelift Pics

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 01:35:06 -0400, "Christopher Muto"
> wrote:

>unlike the na seats, they don't hold you. when you take a tight turn you
>slide in the seat and end up bracing yourself with the steering wheel
>instead of, well, steering with it. perhaps my problem is that i have not
>'grown' over the years like the average american and so these seats are just
>too big for me but might actually have mass appeal. but theyjust don't seem
>like something one would expect to find in something that is marketed as a
>sports car.

Hmmm, I don't find that at all and I'm certainly not large.
My wife who often drives the car and is positively svelte has never
complained either.

Can't help wondering if my LE seats are different shaped.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old September 4th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

OzOne wrote:

> Hmmm, I don't find that at all and I'm certainly not large.
> My wife who often drives the car and is positively svelte has never
> complained either.
>
> Can't help wondering if my LE seats are different shaped.
>

> OzOne of the three twins
>
> I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

This thread has now sparked my interest with the mention of the svelte,
non-complaining, MX-5 driving wife.

Pictures? ;-)

Pat

Old September 4th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >, OzOne wrote:
>
>> What do you find wrong with the seats?

> I suppose they're bound to fit *someone*. But most people find the NA
> seats more comfortable and supportive.

A matter of taste, I guess. I drove my NA for 15 years and find the NC's
seats and interior to be far more comfortable. Only wish I hadn't been so
cheap and had sprung for the version with the leather.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old September 4th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Christopher Muto wrote:
> unlike the na seats, they don't hold you. when you take a tight turn you
> slide in the seat and end up bracing yourself with the steering wheel
> instead of, well, steering with it. perhaps my problem is that i have not
> 'grown' over the years like the average american and so these seats are just
> too big for me but might actually have mass appeal. but theyjust don't seem
> like something one would expect to find in something that is marketed as a
> sports car.

Weird, I have the same overall feeling that Chris Muto does, and I am
thinner than most of the people I interact with.

OTOH, you have OzOne, (and his wife!), who is not big, and Chris D. who
is also not large, and they who both like the NC seats.

I do wonder how people with a rear end that is much larger than mine can
sit comfortably in the NA seats when the seats seem like a perfect fit
for me with very little room to spare.

Pat
Old September 4th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

John McGaw wrote:

> A matter of taste, I guess. I drove my NA for 15 years and find the NC's
> seats and interior to be far more comfortable. Only wish I hadn't been
> so cheap and had sprung for the version with the leather.

With only about 20 miles of driving time in the NC compared to about
100,000 in the NA, it may be too early for me to judge, especially since
I couldn't really push the NC the two times I drove it.

I saw a number of posts on here where it was claimed that the leather NA
seats did not support you well.
I have about 65,000 miles on '96 leather seats and roughly 40,000 miles
in '91 cloth NA seats.

The cloth ones hold me a bit tighter than the leather ones did, but the
difference is minimal. I suspect that the same is the case with the NC.

Pat
Old September 4th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

"pws" > wrote in message
> John McGaw wrote:
>
>> A matter of taste, I guess. I drove my NA for 15 years and find the NC's
>> seats and interior to be far more comfortable. Only wish I hadn't been so
>> cheap and had sprung for the version with the leather.

> With only about 20 miles of driving time in the NC compared to about
> 100,000 in the NA, it may be too early for me to judge, especially since I
> couldn't really push the NC the two times I drove it.
>
> I saw a number of posts on here where it was claimed that the leather NA
> seats did not support you well.
> I have about 65,000 miles on '96 leather seats and roughly 40,000 miles in
> '91 cloth NA seats.
>
> The cloth ones hold me a bit tighter than the leather ones did, but the
> difference is minimal. I suspect that the same is the case with the NC.
>
> Pat

that is an interesting observation. i didn't think about the difference
between cloth and leather in terms of the ability to hold the occupant.
that might be what i was experiancing in the nc leather seats. never
occured to me that there could be a downside to having leather.

Old September 4th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

OzOne wrote:

> Seems like there's a little bias against the NC, Is there a reason
> for that

You betcha there's a reason for it. As my much earlier post said, I
went to the dealer prepared to really like the car and found I was
unable to drive it because of it's lack of comfort. Bad seats, bad
accelerator postition and the killer was the drink holders in the doors
that cut into my leg.

I liked the car in most ways but it's too uncomfortable for me to ever
want one.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old September 4th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Christopher Muto wrote:
> > unlike the na seats, they don't hold you. when you take a tight

turn you
> > slide in the seat and end up bracing yourself with the steering

wheel
> > instead of, well, steering with it. perhaps my problem is that i

have not
> > 'grown' over the years like the average american and so these

seats are just
> > too big for me but might actually have mass appeal. but theyjust

don't seem
> > like something one would expect to find in something that is

marketed as a
> > sports car.

> Weird, I have the same overall feeling that Chris Muto does, and I

am
> thinner than most of the people I interact with.
>
> OTOH, you have OzOne, (and his wife!), who is not big, and Chris D.

who
> is also not large, and they who both like the NC seats.
>
> I do wonder how people with a rear end that is much larger than mine

can
> sit comfortably in the NA seats when the seats seem like a perfect

fit
> for me with very little room to spare.

I'm extremely close to picking up a pair of NA seats to go into my
'04. While I like the additional side support, the seats are not
nearly as comfortable as the ones in my '90. The front (under my
knees) feels too high, the backs are too high, and I can't adjust the
tilt of the back to my liking. Plus the darned things look like suede
surfboards sitting in the car.

My boss just picked up a 1999 with full sport package and lots of
extras. He's got cloth seats that are a couple of inches shorter than
the ones in my car. Hmmmm, I wonder if he'd notice if I switched
them? <G>

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old September 5th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:12:56 -0400, "Christopher Muto"
> wrote:

>that is an interesting observation. i didn't think about the difference
>between cloth and leather in terms of the ability to hold the occupant.
>that might be what i was experiancing in the nc leather seats. never
>occured to me that there could be a downside to having leather.

Don't think I've ever seen a leather race seat!

Old September 5th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:31:49 -0500, pws >
wrote:

>OzOne wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, I don't find that at all and I'm certainly not large.
>> My wife who often drives the car and is positively svelte has never
>> complained either.
>>
>> Can't help wondering if my LE seats are different shaped.
>>

>> OzOne of the three twins
>>
>> I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

>This thread has now sparked my interest with the mention of the svelte,
>non-complaining, MX-5 driving wife.
>
>Pictures? ;-)
>
>Pat

I don't mind...I'll pop a link up very soon.