Road rage??? - Shrink shoots at van carrying kids

Old August 22nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Default Road rage??? - Shrink shoots at van carrying kids

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/

VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children

Updated: 3:55 p.m. MT Aug 21, 2006

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A Veterans Administration psychiatrist charged
with firing gunshots at a van carrying children told the officer who
stopped him that it was an act of road rage, authorities said.

Dr. Alex Abelardo Fider, a psychiatrist at the VA hospital in
Murfreesboro, was charged with aggravated assault. He was released on
a $10,000 bond Monday.

A Nissan Quest carrying an adult and two 11-year-olds was exiting
Interstate 24 on Sunday when three shots were fired from a Dodge
Caravan, Tennessee Department of Safety spokeswoman Julie Oaks said.
At least one round hit the Nissan, she added.

She said the Nissan’s driver returned to the interstate to follow the
Dodge and called the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The trooper who stopped
the Dodge near Kimball reported finding three spent shell casings in
the glove box and a pistol under the passenger seat, Oaks said.

The arrest report said Fider, a passenger in the van, told the trooper
the shooting was an act of road rage, Oaks said.

Fider, scheduled to appear in court Sept. 12, did not immediately
return a message left for him at the hospital Monday

--------------------------------

HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
them out the window?

Old August 22nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>
> VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
> Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children

> --------------------------------
>
> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
> them out the window?

Uh, maybe because a guy that shoots at a van full of kids isn't exactly
full of rational thought.

Kinda like a nutcase who tosses marbles out of his window on the
freeway.

Old August 22nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
morticide

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>
> VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
> Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children
>
> Updated: 3:55 p.m. MT Aug 21, 2006
>
> CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A Veterans Administration psychiatrist charged
> with firing gunshots at a van carrying children told the officer who
> stopped him that it was an act of road rage, authorities said.
>
> Dr. Alex Abelardo Fider, a psychiatrist at the VA hospital in
> Murfreesboro, was charged with aggravated assault. He was released on
> a $10,000 bond Monday.
>
> A Nissan Quest carrying an adult and two 11-year-olds was exiting
> Interstate 24 on Sunday when three shots were fired from a Dodge
> Caravan, Tennessee Department of Safety spokeswoman Julie Oaks said.
> At least one round hit the Nissan, she added.
>
> She said the Nissan's driver returned to the interstate to follow the
> Dodge and called the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The trooper who stopped
> the Dodge near Kimball reported finding three spent shell casings in
> the glove box and a pistol under the passenger seat, Oaks said.
>
> The arrest report said Fider, a passenger in the van, told the trooper
> the shooting was an act of road rage, Oaks said.
>
> Fider, scheduled to appear in court Sept. 12, did not immediately
> return a message left for him at the hospital Monday
>
> --------------------------------
>
> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
> them out the window?

Perhaps the shrink is a quack. Both his license to drive and his
license to practice psychiatry should be discontinued.

Old August 22nd 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Scott M. Kozel

"Larry Bud" > wrote:

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
> >
> > VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
> > Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children

> > --------------------------------
> >
> > HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
> > them out the window?

> Uh, maybe because a guy that shoots at a van full of kids isn't exactly
> full of rational thought.
>
> Kinda like a nutcase who tosses marbles out of his window on the
> freeway.

Kinda like someone who plays in traffic during rush hour.
Old August 22nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Scott M. Kozel

"morticide" > wrote:

> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
> >
> > VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
> > Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children
> >
> > Updated: 3:55 p.m. MT Aug 21, 2006
> >
> > CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A Veterans Administration psychiatrist charged
> > with firing gunshots at a van carrying children told the officer who
> > stopped him that it was an act of road rage, authorities said.
> >
> > Dr. Alex Abelardo Fider, a psychiatrist at the VA hospital in
> > Murfreesboro, was charged with aggravated assault. He was released on
> > a $10,000 bond Monday.
> >
> > A Nissan Quest carrying an adult and two 11-year-olds was exiting
> > Interstate 24 on Sunday when three shots were fired from a Dodge
> > Caravan, Tennessee Department of Safety spokeswoman Julie Oaks said.
> > At least one round hit the Nissan, she added.
> >
> > She said the Nissan's driver returned to the interstate to follow the
> > Dodge and called the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The trooper who stopped
> > the Dodge near Kimball reported finding three spent shell casings in
> > the glove box and a pistol under the passenger seat, Oaks said.
> >
> > The arrest report said Fider, a passenger in the van, told the trooper
> > the shooting was an act of road rage, Oaks said.
> >
> > Fider, scheduled to appear in court Sept. 12, did not immediately
> > return a message left for him at the hospital Monday
> >
> > --------------------------------
> >
> > HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
> > them out the window?

> Perhaps the shrink is a quack. Both his license to drive and his
> license to practice psychiatry should be discontinued.

He ought to be charged with attempted murder and have his guns taken
away.
Old August 22nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, morticide wrote:
<...>
>> Dr. Alex Abelardo Fider, a psychiatrist at the VA hospital in
>> Murfreesboro, was charged with aggravated assault. He was released on
>> a $10,000 bond Monday.

<...>
>> The arrest report said Fider, a passenger in the van, told the trooper
>> the shooting was an act of road rage, Oaks said.

<...>

> Perhaps the shrink is a quack. Both his license to drive and his
> license to practice psychiatry should be discontinued.

How would that prevent him from being a passenger shooting at other
vehicles ?

Old August 22nd 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On 22 Aug 2006 07:29:36 -0700, "morticide" > wrote:

>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>>
>> VA psychiatrist charged in road-rage gunfire
>> Tenn. doctor accused of firing gunshots at van carrying children
>>
>> Updated: 3:55 p.m. MT Aug 21, 2006
>>
>> CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A Veterans Administration psychiatrist charged
>> with firing gunshots at a van carrying children told the officer who
>> stopped him that it was an act of road rage, authorities said.
>>
>> Dr. Alex Abelardo Fider, a psychiatrist at the VA hospital in
>> Murfreesboro, was charged with aggravated assault. He was released on
>> a $10,000 bond Monday.
>>
>> A Nissan Quest carrying an adult and two 11-year-olds was exiting
>> Interstate 24 on Sunday when three shots were fired from a Dodge
>> Caravan, Tennessee Department of Safety spokeswoman Julie Oaks said.
>> At least one round hit the Nissan, she added.
>>
>> She said the Nissan's driver returned to the interstate to follow the
>> Dodge and called the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The trooper who stopped
>> the Dodge near Kimball reported finding three spent shell casings in
>> the glove box and a pistol under the passenger seat, Oaks said.
>>
>> The arrest report said Fider, a passenger in the van, told the trooper
>> the shooting was an act of road rage, Oaks said.
>>
>> Fider, scheduled to appear in court Sept. 12, did not immediately
>> return a message left for him at the hospital Monday
>>
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
>> them out the window?

>Perhaps the shrink is a quack. Both his license to drive and his
>license to practice psychiatry should be discontinued.

More likely the cops just planted the shell casings. That's the point
i was making. This whole story sounds fishy.

Old August 22nd 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
richard

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
news

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>
> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
> them out the window?

For reloading later. Maybe he figured that by putting them in the glove
box, cops wouldn't find them and if they did, claim no warrant issued to
search.
I seriously doubt that the shrink will continue his employment with the VA.
What I would like to know is, what caused the guy to shoot? What did the
kids do to **** him off?

Old August 22nd 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders $ Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:41:06 -0600, "richard" > wrote:

>"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
>news
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>>
>> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
>> them out the window?
>>

>For reloading later. Maybe he figured that by putting them in the glove
>box, cops wouldn't find them and if they did, claim no warrant issued to
>search.
>I seriously doubt that the shrink will continue his employment with the VA.
>What I would like to know is, what caused the guy to shoot? What did the
>kids do to **** him off?

Maybe the guy didn't shoot. Maybe the kids didn't do anything. This
whole story - like finding the shell casings in the glove compartment
- sounds like a frame job by the cops. Happens every day.

Old August 22nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Bill Funk

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:06:00 GMT, Speeders $ Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:41:06 -0600, "richard" > wrote:
>

>>"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
>>news
>>>
>>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14456485/
>>>
>>> HUH?? Now why would the guy save the shell casings instead of tossing
>>> them out the window?
>>>

>>For reloading later. Maybe he figured that by putting them in the glove
>>box, cops wouldn't find them and if they did, claim no warrant issued to
>>search.
>>I seriously doubt that the shrink will continue his employment with the VA.
>>What I would like to know is, what caused the guy to shoot? What did the
>>kids do to **** him off?
>>

>Maybe the guy didn't shoot. Maybe the kids didn't do anything. This
>whole story - like finding the shell casings in the glove compartment
>- sounds like a frame job by the cops. Happens every day.

Easy enough to find out if the cops did a frame job.
With both the gun and a bullet, it's very easy to find if they match.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"