RFactor Telemetry

Old August 12th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Russell Unger

Default RFactor Telemetry

Has anyone gotten this to work? I start up MoTec with a new project,
then start up RFactor, and climb into the car. I get the Data
Acquisition Accepted message, then run a few laps, when I go back to
the garage after the laps and click on telemetry, there is nothing
there...can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance
for any help.
Old August 13th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The data should be written out to this path (if you have the default
rFactor install.)

C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\LOG\MoTeC

Do you see *.ld and *.ldx files there? I don't know what the difference
is, but I have both in mine after recording data from a practice session.

There is no need to run Motec first. I made my data files even before I
installed the Motec software.

Anyway, if you have those files, start the Motec software and step
through creating a project. Then do file open and point to the above
directory, select the file you want and the data will load in.

So here is the order.
start rFactor,
get in the car and press the default ctrl-m (women should say data
collecting is on)
run a few laps
get out of rFactor
start Motec
create a new project (if you don't have one)
do open file and load a data file from the ...rfactor...LOG\MoTeC dir

That's all I've done so far.

Old August 13th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Russell Unger

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:22:33 -0500, R > wrote:

>The data should be written out to this path (if you have the default
>rFactor install.)
>
>C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\LOG\MoTeC
>
>Do you see *.ld and *.ldx files there? I don't know what the difference
>is, but I have both in mine after recording data from a practice session.
>
>There is no need to run Motec first. I made my data files even before I
>installed the Motec software.
>
>Anyway, if you have those files, start the Motec software and step
>through creating a project. Then do file open and point to the above
>directory, select the file you want and the data will load in.
>
>So here is the order.
>start rFactor,
>get in the car and press the default ctrl-m (women should say data
>collecting is on)
>run a few laps
>get out of rFactor
>start Motec
>create a new project (if you don't have one)
>do open file and load a data file from the ...rfactor...LOG\MoTeC dir
>
>That's all I've done so far.
>
>Russell Unger wrote:
>> Has anyone gotten this to work? I start up MoTec with a new project,
>> then start up RFactor, and climb into the car. I get the Data
>> Acquisition Accepted message, then run a few laps, when I go back to
>> the garage after the laps and click on telemetry, there is nothing
>> there...can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance
>> for any help.

I appreciate the help, I just got it working, and it looks good!
Thanks for the help!