Subframe connectors or window adjustments?

Old January 19th 05, 03:01 AM
Chuck

Default Subframe connectors or window adjustments?

In searching for subframe connectors (google) I see a wide variety..
I have a '96 coupe with no go fast options.
Will subframe connectors make a difference in body flex?
Is the something you have done at body shop (as I'd assume you'd want
to make sure everything is level/flat to begin with.)
The only reason I suspect that I may have some flex is.. the driver's
window hangs on trim unless I close the door by pushing on the glass.
Door matches up properly (no hinge wear or adjustment appears needed)
Glass doesn't appear to be out of adjustment.. just catches on the
little bent metal thing made to hold it into place. Pushing on window
to close the door causes the glass to flex inward just a hair..
If I close the door "normally", the glass will hang on the outside of
this metal tab and outside of window seal.

Old January 19th 05, 03:15 AM
2.3Sleeper

Do you have any annoying little rattles or squeaks? Notice any paint wear or
rubbing in unseal places?

I did...and I didn't really have any go fast goodies either. I could only
get scratch in second gear on occasion as well.

After the SFC's, hardly any squeaks and rattles. Also, second gear scratch
moved up into second gear burnout territory.

Don Manning

Old January 19th 05, 03:27 AM
Chuck

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:15:43 -0600, "2.3Sleeper"
> wrote:

>Do you have any annoying little rattles or squeaks? Notice any paint wear or
>rubbing in unseal places?
>
>I did...and I didn't really have any go fast goodies either. I could only
>get scratch in second gear on occasion as well.
>
>After the SFC's, hardly any squeaks and rattles. Also, second gear scratch
>moved up into second gear burnout territory.
>
>Don Manning
>

>"Chuck" > wrote in message
.. .
>> In searching for subframe connectors (google) I see a wide variety..
>> I have a '96 coupe with no go fast options.
>> Will subframe connectors make a difference in body flex?
>> Is the something you have done at body shop (as I'd assume you'd want
>> to make sure everything is level/flat to begin with.)
>> The only reason I suspect that I may have some flex is.. the driver's
>> window hangs on trim unless I close the door by pushing on the glass.
>> Door matches up properly (no hinge wear or adjustment appears needed)
>> Glass doesn't appear to be out of adjustment.. just catches on the
>> little bent metal thing made to hold it into place. Pushing on window
>> to close the door causes the glass to flex inward just a hair..
>> If I close the door "normally", the glass will hang on the outside of
>> this metal tab and outside of window seal.

No squeaks or rattles. I do get some torque roll if I get a lead
foot, but then I do need to replace the original equipment shocks..
Chuck
Old January 19th 05, 05:06 AM
.boB

2.3Sleeper wrote:

> After the SFC's, hardly any squeaks and rattles. Also, second gear scratch
> moved up into second gear burnout territory.

That means you've lost traction, and your
performance is worse. Sounds like you have a problem.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old January 19th 05, 05:14 AM

Lost traction due to more power getting to the rear wheels. Problem is the
horsepower addiction.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

. com...

Old January 19th 05, 08:48 PM
Mark

Chuck, it sounds like just your window needs adjustment. Sub frame
connectors are a great upgrade even though the mustang chassis has improved
substatially since the first Fox chassis mustang came out in '79. Get a pro
to install them if it's beyond your scope.

--
I'm a mechanic, not a weight lifter. The wrench is my weight. I'm sure glad
I have air tools in my garage now.

Old January 20th 05, 01:19 AM

I didn't say SFC's *added* power... I said they are getting more power to
the rear wheels. Less HP is lost in the body flex when a car launches.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

om...

Old January 20th 05, 03:42 PM

Same thing happened when I put SFC's on my 93. I can "bark" second a
lot easier now (without trying, really). Best $100 I ever spent on a
car.

1994 Accord LX Power Window Problem R. P. Honda 6 December 28th 04 03:09 AM
subframe connector time for 04 vert Chris Shea Ford Mustang 6 December 13th 04 10:33 PM
2000 Cabrio Driver's Window Weatherstripping Question Jose R. Perez VW water cooled 0 October 21st 04 03:32 AM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM
Powe Window Problem Skid Saturn 0 June 20th 04 03:08 PM