MileMarker PE8000

Old January 11th 05, 04:32 AM
Joe

Default MileMarker PE8000

Any thoughts on this winch. seems like a bargin at $399

Old January 11th 05, 07:39 AM
Jerry Bransford

If you want to install a Chinese-built winch on your Jeep, go for it.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old January 12th 05, 12:25 AM
zipdog

built by the chinese, used by the US Military.

Old January 12th 05, 01:51 AM
HomeBrewer

> built by the chinese, used by the US Military.

Only the military that don't know much about winches...trust me I'm in the
military and we use nothing but warns for serious stuff.

I'm not saying that NONE of the military use it, because I'm sure some
do...that's not saying that it's a good winch. You'll get what you pay for.

_____________________
HomeBrewer
76-81-85CJ7
http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
http://85cj7.webhop.net/

Old January 12th 05, 02:35 AM
Jerry Bransford

zipdog wrote:
> built by the chinese, used by the US Military.

No, you've got your facts wrong. Milemarker produces a US-built
hydraulic winch that is used by the US military. They are not using,
nor are many people using, the Chinese-built electric winch that
Milemarker only sticks their name on.

Jerry

Old January 12th 05, 03:21 AM
Joe

Just wanted to know is if someone out there in cyber land has bought or used
one of these winches. I called Milemarker today and yes Jerry, they are
built in China, but they are designed and engineered here in the US.
Milemarker also stated they are a big seller over in Europe and the Spanish
military uses them. They decided to try the US since they are not a well
known name and decided to sell them for 4 bills instead of the retail price
of 71/2 bills.

-Joe

Old January 12th 05, 04:12 AM
Jerry Bransford

Bull**** on them being "designed and manufacturered" in the US. Totally.

Jerry

Old January 12th 05, 06:03 AM

HomeBrewer wrote:
> trust me I'm in the
> military and we use nothing but warns for serious stuff.

either your facts are flawed, or youre running some type of reserve
equipment. the US military uses mile marker hydraulic winches
_exclusively_, and they have for several years now. electric winches
proved worthless when trying to winch from an amphibious landing
(submerged) so the hydraulic winch was standardized.