Vibration and wheel click

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 05, 01:03 AM
Kruse

Just A Guy=A9 wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just got back from a weekend excursion, and while cruising along the high=

way I noticed a 'rough' vibration in the handling of my '04 V6 between 2500=
and 3000 rpms, noticeable only in 3rd and 4th gears, but much more profoun=
dly in 4th gear. Acceleration also seems to be restricted in this rpm rang=
e and shifting down to 4th from 5th to pass the Sunday drivers has become m=
ore of a challenge than a slight adrenaline rush. I assumed a wheel alignm=
ent issue may have been the culprit, but then I asked myself why I would be=
experiencing this loud roar and vibration in the engine bay at consistent =
RPMs, not speeds. Could a wheel misalignment still explain this activity? =
Or should I be concerned of a more serious problem. Also, I believe I cou=
ld smell faint engine fumes when pushing the engine (i.e. when trying to ma=
intain speed during uphill climbs), although this may have been the exhaust=
fumes of the hundreds of other cars on the highway.
Also, at very low speeds (1st and 2nd gears), I can hear a faint, fast,
repetitive clicking in the engine bay, audible only to the trained ear,
something I had not heard until today. In addition, I hear a distinct
'click' in what I believe is the front axle when I turn the wheel to
the left only (while both moving and idling). Brake caliper issue?
> Guy

I know you have a new car, but this almost sounds like an ignition
miss. Got access to a code reader? You might have a code that needs to
be pulled. And if it makes you feel better, check the caliper or even
for a rock in the tire treads.