C'mon america - Imprison speeders

Old July 6th 05, 06:13 AM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:19:25 -0400, Paul. > was
understood to have stated the following:

>> What happens if your primary brakes fail?

>Judy and her beater and any buddies from the bathhouse with it go
>careening out of control into a school yard full of children (or a
>smimlar atrocity). Somehow, I get the impression that they like to hang
>out near schools for some reason.....

I share your impression, but I was also under the impression that part
of Judy's parole condition was that s/he stay more than 1/2 mile away
from any area primarily frequented by children.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: Matchbox 20 - Real World - Yourself Or Someone Like You
K:\Audio\Matchbox 20\Yourself Or Someone Like You\01-Real World.mp3
Old July 6th 05, 06:36 PM
C. E. White

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ed White wrote:
>> There is more than a little evidence that people driving too slow casue
>> as many accidents as people driving too fast. How should we handle the
>> people drivng too slow? It seems that the really slow driviers are
>> rarely if ever ticketed, so they don't even get a fine.
>>
>> Ed

> Even if slow drivers do cause crashes, there is no way to stop them
> since there are many legitimate reasons for slow driving. THINK.

I am thinking. I am not talking about people who are driving slowly becasue
of legitimate needs. I am talking about rude, incompetent, or just plain
clueless drivers who poke along on major highways 15 or 20 mph under the
posted limit (and far under the prevailing speed of traffic). Traffic would
flow much better if all drivers on a highway maintained a consistent speed
within a tightly controlled range, while mainting adequate spacing. Slow
drivers create tight packs and encourage agressive tendencies in others.

Large speed differential are undesirable. Driving too fast or too slow leads
to large speed differentials. Be consistent, recognize that slower drivers
contribute to traffic problems as well.

Ed

Old July 7th 05, 04:24 AM

C. E. White wrote:
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Even if slow drivers do cause crashes, there is no way to stop them
> > since there are many legitimate reasons for slow driving. THINK.

> I am thinking. I am not talking about people who are driving slowly becasue
> of legitimate needs. I am talking about rude, incompetent, or just plain
> clueless drivers who poke along on major highways 15 or 20 mph under the
> posted limit (and far under the prevailing speed of traffic).

But you can't prove that in a court of law. The slow driver is always
gonna say something like "the guy in front of me was going slow", and
how are you gonna refute that?

Old July 7th 05, 04:35 AM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> C. E. White wrote:
> > "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > Even if slow drivers do cause crashes, there is no way to stop them
> > > since there are many legitimate reasons for slow driving. THINK.

> > I am thinking. I am not talking about people who are driving slowly becasue
> > of legitimate needs. I am talking about rude, incompetent, or just plain
> > clueless drivers who poke along on major highways 15 or 20 mph under the
> > posted limit (and far under the prevailing speed of traffic).

> But you can't prove that in a court of law. The slow driver is always
> gonna say something like "the guy in front of me was going slow", and
> how are you gonna refute that?

Nor can you prove in a court of law that Laura Welch murdered her
boyfriend. Actually, you can't prove anything anywhere, but that's one
of the hallmarks of being a delusional twit.

--

Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend )'s words of
wisdom, love, and respect (spelling and grammatical errors left intact)

the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie. I get
RESPECT now.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1dd649fb?hl=en

Old July 7th 05, 08:29 PM
Alan Baker

In article .com>,
"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:

> C. E. White wrote:
> > "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >
> > > Even if slow drivers do cause crashes, there is no way to stop them
> > > since there are many legitimate reasons for slow driving. THINK.

> > I am thinking. I am not talking about people who are driving slowly becasue
> > of legitimate needs. I am talking about rude, incompetent, or just plain
> > clueless drivers who poke along on major highways 15 or 20 mph under the
> > posted limit (and far under the prevailing speed of traffic).

> But you can't prove that in a court of law. The slow driver is always
> gonna say something like "the guy in front of me was going slow", and
> how are you gonna refute that?

Hmmmm...

How about the fact that the cop operating the radar (now, likely lidar)
gun had a clear view of the front of the slow driver's vehicle?
Indicating that there was nobody in front of him/her?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia