2007 Civic EX vs. 2004 Accord EX

Old December 4th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
planetx

Default 2007 Civic EX vs. 2004 Accord EX

I have a 96 civic I am looking to get rid of and am torn between a new
civic and a used accord. I want to spend around 20k and have found the
following:

1. 2007 civic EX with navi,,sticker is just over $21,000
2. 2004 accord EX V6 leather with 7k miles for $20,000

I like the navi. I have been sure I wanted a bigger car like an accord.
But that accord seems like a great deal. In fact I bet it goes quick at
carmax.

So my questions:
1) Are the 2004 as safe as the 2007? It seems honda has thrown tons of
safey features in the 2007 models as standard equipment.
2) do 6 cylinders last longer than 4 cylinders? Less work to do? My 96
has 130k miles on it and then engine seems ok even though it makes some
strange noises.

Old December 4th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_9_]

I would personally go for the 2007 civic. The accord is a nice car and
all but the civic is brand new and was recently redesigned. I think
the better choice is the brand new civic over the 3 year old used
accord.

--
BlackGT2000
BlackGT2000's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=336868

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old December 4th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

I wouldn't buy an old car just for the navigation unless I could verify that
updates are available. Many have changed formats and cannot be updated.

Also an all new accord is coming out so current model will depreciate
quickly.

ups.com...

Old December 5th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_10_]

Art Wrote:
> I wouldn't buy an old car just for the navigation unless I could verify
> that
> updates are available. Many have changed formats and cannot be
> updated.
>

> Also an all new accord is coming out so current model will depreciate
> quickly.
>

> "planetx" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >I have a 96 civic I am looking to get rid of and am torn between a

> new
> > civic and a used accord. I want to spend around 20k and have found

> the
> > following:
> >
> > 1. 2007 civic EX with navi,,sticker is just over $21,000
> > 2. 2004 accord EX V6 leather with 7k miles for $20,000
> >

> > I like the navi. I have been sure I wanted a bigger car like an

> accord.
> > But that accord seems like a great deal. In fact I bet it goes quick

> at
> > carmax.
> >
> > So my questions:
> > 1) Are the 2004 as safe as the 2007? It seems honda has thrown tons

> of
> > safey features in the 2007 models as standard equipment.
> > 2) do 6 cylinders last longer than 4 cylinders? Less work to do? My

> 96
> > has 130k miles on it and then engine seems ok even though it makes

> some
> > strange noises.

Actually the new car has the navigation. The accord just is bigger with
a v6

Old December 5th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Johnson

I sat in a 2007 civic---terrible design. The emergency brake is placed
to the left of the gearshaft and your right knee continuously rubs
against it. Also seems kind of dangerous not being able to see the hood
of your car.

Old December 5th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:18:05 -0800, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I sat in a 2007 civic---terrible design. The emergency brake is placed
> to the left of the gearshaft and your right knee continuously rubs
> against it. Also seems kind of dangerous not being able to see the hood
> of your car.

Interesting... Your issue with the parking brake would suggest you are
very tall, but not being able to see the hood would suggest that you are
very short.

Perhaps a seat adjustment is in order? I can see my hood fine, and my
knee doesn't rub against the p-brake unless I am slouching in the seat.
Old December 5th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Johnson

I am only 5'10 165lbs. Maybe I need to go back to the dealer. I tend to
drive with right leg resting far right---just seems comfortable.

Old December 5th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_11_]

Maybe its different for other people but I have the 2007 civic and I
love it, especially the interior. Personally I haven't had a problem
with the parking brake, i just thought it was neat that it wasn't in
the typical places that they usually are.

Old December 5th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 03:59:50 -0800, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I am only 5'10 165lbs. Maybe I need to go back to the dealer. I tend to
> drive with right leg resting far right---just seems comfortable.

I'm only 5'7. We won't discuss weight here... ;-)

I usually ride with the seat back far enough so that my left leg is fully
extended with the clutch fully depressed. The seat back is adjusted to
comfort along with the steering wheel.

Everyone has personal preferences, but I find the civic to be very
comfortable for the driver. To be fair, mine is the Si, so there may be
minor differences, though I don't imagine that they would be that much at
all...
Old December 6th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_12_]

I find it comfortable as well, I don't think there is much difference in
comfort between the SI and other coupes.

Accord EX or Civic EX? harry Honda 0 February 22nd 06 04:12 AM
OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 0 February 20th 06 11:44 PM
'06 Accord V6 Coupe 6M or '06 Civic SI? Desert Trek Honda 8 February 15th 06 07:08 PM
I don't get it. same price for Accord and Civic? harry Honda 8 February 4th 06 09:25 PM
OEM Honda Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 January 29th 06 05:24 PM