Have your say? Why bmw?

Old August 21st 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

Default Have your say? Why bmw?

Definitely a lack of education.

Poor grasp of language and spelling. Can't express himself without
resorting to bad language.

DAS

---

oups.com...

Old August 22nd 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

lack of education, i find it funny that you flatter your self with your
own intelligence over a topic such as bmw, big deal if you claim to
know about bmw's.

the lack of education was from your parents to teach you the calling
others dumb was a great thing.

i feel sorry for you that you have some insecurity issues. that you
have to feel superior then others by calling them dumb

theirs doctors out their who can help you.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:19 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com>,
ggslash > wrote:
> i feel sorry for you that you have some insecurity issues. that you
> have to feel superior then others by calling them dumb

Heh heh. Read the thread. You were the first one to slip into insults.

But until you learn the protocol of posting expect even more...

--
*Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old August 22nd 06, 01:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

why would i insult? ask your self, because your self flattering remarks
are pathetic, and also if that head gets any bigger you can make ya own
country.

Old August 22nd 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

There was an expression in Germany (don't know if still used):

A BMW is the car for a man going places.

A Merc is the car for the man who has arrived.

DAS

---

[...]

Old August 22nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

I don't think anyone was calling anyone "dumb". In a written forum
nobody -- unless personally familiar with said person -- can tell if anyone
is unable to speak or not...

DAS

---

"ggslash" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
by calling them dumb
[...]

Old August 22nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article >,
Dave Plowman (News) > wrote:

>Add to that a provincial knowledge of cars. German cars he's seen the US
>might well all have 'leather trim wood grain' (although I doubt it), but
>in other countries BMW and M-B are used as taxis with cloth or vinyl
>upholstery.

Termites would have got at my 633 then. There aint no wood nowhere
except in the drivers head.

BMW and MB are more alike that say, Audi or Porsche. MB's are made more for
comfort and BMW"s made more for performance, but do not underestimate the comfort
of a BMW or performance on an MB. The similarities also extend to what comes
as standard on models throughout the price range. The big cars (MB S class, BMW 7
series) always have wood. The smaller and cheaper cars, less to none although
this is also a function of time - older cars seems to have more as do very new ones.

There is also the phenomenon that (and I don't know how this works with BMW but
suspect it follows the MB model) where only a small percentage of the models
made are brought in by the american imported and typically only the higher end
ones that comes with lots of goodies only found as options in Germany. People
make a big deal of a benz in the US. It's the moral equivalent of a Chevy in
Germany. It's just a car there.

I've always associated a heavy use of wood in car interiors with British cars,
not German ones.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old August 22nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

I must admit to some degree of puzzlement when seeing "leather" etc and
"German" in association in the same sentence. Whilst, of course, they do
have it, it is more common to think of 'English' cars in this connection,
especially if the words "luxurious" or "sumptious" are brought into play.
Ownership of the marque is neither here nor there as the present owners seem
to want to continue the tradition started decades ago.

I have a fairly upmarket model from one of the said German brands with
leather seats and wood trim. The leather is actually quite nice but the
wood trim definitely looks like it came out of a plastics molding machine.
The overall effect is nowhere near the 'drawing room luxury' of a Jag or
Bentley.

Actually the main reason I have leather is because I was advised to get it
in view of the car being a cab (riolet, not taxi-) and leather being more
weather-resistant.

DAS

---

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
[...]
> Add to that a provincial knowledge of cars. German cars he's seen the US
> might well all have 'leather trim wood grain' (although I doubt it), but
> in other countries BMW and M-B are used as taxis with cloth or vinyl
> upholstery.

[...]

Old August 22nd 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article >,
Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:
>There was an expression in Germany (don't know if still used):
>
>A BMW is the car for a man going places.
>
>A Merc is the car for the man who has arrived.

Eh. You need both. Sometimes you really feel like taking
one of the other and it's interesting to me the different
feeling you get sitting behind the wheel of these two
different cars - as opposed to sitting behind the wheel
of some ****box like a ford focus or a toyota which seems
to sort of whine "can we get this over with" at you.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old August 24th 06, 04:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

ggslash wrote:
> lack of education, i find it funny that you flatter your self with your
> own intelligence over a topic such as bmw, big deal if you claim to
> know about bmw's.
>
> the lack of education was from your parents to teach you the calling
> others dumb was a great thing.
>
> i feel sorry for you that you have some insecurity issues. that you
> have to feel superior then others by calling them dumb
>
> theirs doctors out their who can help you.

This is rich...

--
-Fred W