Impressive Video!

Old October 14th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Default Impressive Video!

Check out this burn out. And the second clip when he does a little
fly bye.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...hp?photo=50467

Patrick
Old October 16th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"GILL" > wrote in message

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ari...eature=related

Damn, wish that was my Camaro in the other lane

Last Friday night there were five GT500's at test and tune. Who would have
thought there were five of them in all of Tucson?? The quickest one went
13.30. Talked to the guy for about a half hour. He was in the 12's, then he
changed the rear gears to 3.73's. No traction with DOT slicks, and he was
shifting very soon after the launch. The other 4 were struggling to get in
the 14's. There were also some stock Corvettes there from our local Corvette
club. Usually they are struggling to run 14's and 15's. The new ones run
13's with no problems. Some were in the 12's. And of course there were a few
of them that knew what they were doing that made it into the 11's. ****es me
off they can out run my 73 Nova right out of the box.

Was a Saleen there a while back. Chip, bigger injectors, different pulleys
on the supercharger, big exhaust, street tires. Ran in the 16's. He said it
was faster when it was completely stock. He told me it made 380 HP on a
chassis dyno stock, 414 after the mods. But no way could he hook it up. Some
teenage kids were there with a Cobra, it ran 15's and also could not hook
up. They raced the Saleen on the way home from a roll and beat it. Said they
made a video of the street race and it was on Youtube, but I can't find it.
To me the Cobra and GT500's are damn fast if they could just find some
traction.

Al

Old October 16th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Big Al wrote:
> "GILL" > wrote in message
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ari...eature=related

> Damn, wish that was my Camaro in the other lane
>
> Last Friday night there were five GT500's at test and tune. Who
> would have thought there were five of them in all of Tucson?? The
> quickest one went 13.30. Talked to the guy for about a half hour. He
> was in the 12's,
> then he changed the rear gears to 3.73's. No traction with DOT
> slicks, and he was shifting very soon after the launch. The other 4
> were struggling to get in the 14's. There were also some stock
> Corvettes there from our local Corvette club. Usually they are
> struggling to run 14's and 15's. The new ones run 13's with no
> problems. Some were in the 12's. And of course there were a few of
> them that knew what they were doing that made it into the 11's.
> ****es me off they can out run my 73 Nova right out of the box.
> Was a Saleen there a while back. Chip, bigger injectors, different
> pulleys on the supercharger, big exhaust, street tires. Ran in the
> 16's. He said it was faster when it was completely stock. He told
> me it made 380 HP on a chassis dyno stock, 414 after the mods. But
> no way could he hook it up. Some teenage kids were there with a
> Cobra, it ran 15's and also could not hook up. They raced the
> Saleen on the way home from a roll and beat it. Said they made a
> video of the street race and it was on Youtube, but I can't find
> it. To me the Cobra and GT500's are damn fast if they could just
> find some traction.
> Al

There were maybe 30 Shelby vehicles at the Terlingua International
Raceway drag event on the 26th of last month. Mostly GT500s, a few
Shelby GTs, a couple of the new V6 "Terlingua" cars. I was sure my
1,300-miles-old GT/CS would be the slowest one there, but at
15.43/15.38 it was a bit faster than a few of them. It was a
mostly-for-fun race, with flag starts and stopwatch finishes, so the
numbers don't relate well to the real world.

Pictures of the drag event are in album two of these three, all
accessible from the left column.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/6ED82FA664FA6EA

--
Frank ess

Old October 16th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_8_]

Big Al wrote:
> "GILL" > wrote in message
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ari...eature=related

> Damn, wish that was my Camaro in the other lane
>
> Last Friday night there were five GT500's at test and tune. Who would have
> thought there were five of them in all of Tucson?? The quickest one went
> 13.30. Talked to the guy for about a half hour. He was in the 12's, then he
> changed the rear gears to 3.73's. No traction with DOT slicks, and he was
> shifting very soon after the launch. The other 4 were struggling to get in
> the 14's. There were also some stock Corvettes there from our local Corvette
> club. Usually they are struggling to run 14's and 15's. The new ones run
> 13's with no problems. Some were in the 12's. And of course there were a few
> of them that knew what they were doing that made it into the 11's. ****es me
> off they can out run my 73 Nova right out of the box.
>
> Was a Saleen there a while back. Chip, bigger injectors, different pulleys
> on the supercharger, big exhaust, street tires. Ran in the 16's. He said it
> was faster when it was completely stock. He told me it made 380 HP on a
> chassis dyno stock, 414 after the mods. But no way could he hook it up. Some
> teenage kids were there with a Cobra, it ran 15's and also could not hook
> up. They raced the Saleen on the way home from a roll and beat it. Said they
> made a video of the street race and it was on Youtube, but I can't find it.
> To me the Cobra and GT500's are damn fast if they could just find some
> traction.
>
> Al

Where was this? The local skating rink? jk
I couldn't hook at my local track and still ran 13.2 111mph

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old October 16th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"GILL" > wrote in message

> Where was this? The local skating rink? jk
> I couldn't hook at my local track and still ran 13.2 111mph
>
> Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
> W/bits & pieces
> http://tinyurl.com/2uqoat

Crap. Wrote a long reply and lost it

We're in Tucson. We ran 8.79's @ 157 MPH with the Ford powered Camaro, back
to back so the strip hooks.

Al > One of my race cars, it's on topic:
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/13129...ercharged.html

Impressive auto Carl Rogers Driving 144 February 16th 08 12:08 AM
Cross Rally Championship demo is very impressive Destroy Simulators 0 January 18th 05 02:54 AM
Video producer seeking expert for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:37 PM