iRacing - weather?

Old June 18th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default iRacing - weather?

Had a quick browse over the site but couldn't find any info on this - so
what's the go with weather implementation? Is there any or any planned? Or
is it still in the "not worth the cpu grunt" category or too hard basket?

Old June 18th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Jun 18, 10:27*am, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> * * Had a quick browse over the site but couldn't find any info on this - so
> what's the go with weather implementation? Is there any or any planned? Or
> is it still in the "not worth the cpu grunt" category or too hard basket?

I haven't seen any reference to weather conditions so far in the sim.
Based on forum discussions I think they plan to add weather, but I
don't have any idea about time frame.

--
Pat Dotson
Old June 18th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

No weather, no full flag system, and no pit stops so far as I understand it.
All are things to come later apparently.
Consider iRacing a never ending paid Beta, this has both good and bad
elements.

Old June 18th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Paulie[_2_]

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
> Had a quick browse over the site but couldn't find any info on this -
> so what's the go with weather implementation? Is there any or any planned?
> Or is it still in the "not worth the cpu grunt" category or too hard
> basket?

That's a bit of a shocker, no weather, no pit stops and no track flags...
maybe iRacing isn't the god send after all.

Old June 18th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

I believe it is forced cockpit view as well for those that prefer other
views.

It will always be evolving as I understand what they are doing, adding more
and more as time goes on, you can't think of it as a traditional boxed sim.

I find their site lacking on these details, I really don't think those of us
outside the beta testers really understand what is and isn't included.

Old June 18th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"schooner" > wrote in message
>I believe it is forced cockpit view as well for those that prefer other
>views.

Thank god for that!

> It will always be evolving as I understand what they are doing, adding
> more and more as time goes on, you can't think of it as a traditional
> boxed sim.
>
> I find their site lacking on these details, I really don't think those of
> us outside the beta testers really understand what is and isn't included.

I understand. It's not rocket science.

Old June 18th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rqk

Paulie wrote:
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>> Had a quick browse over the site but couldn't find any info on this -
>> so what's the go with weather implementation? Is there any or any planned?
>> Or is it still in the "not worth the cpu grunt" category or too hard
>> basket?
>>

> That's a bit of a shocker, no weather, no pit stops and no track flags...
> maybe iRacing isn't the god send after all.

I heard you'll have to buy the flags individually, most for a "modest"
fee. Here's the catcher, the checkered flag will cost the most, and if
you don't have it, you can't win ... ok, just joking
Old June 19th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"schooner" > wrote in message
>I believe it is forced cockpit view as well for those that prefer other
>views.

Well that is a good thing - I hope they don't see that as an
"upgradeable" factor. The more you force people to sim (i.e. force realism
upon people instead of force people into fantasy in order to compete with
the other fantasy prone losers) the better!

Old June 20th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
AAR

"UweSchürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:01:47 -0500, rqk wrote:
>>
>> I heard you'll have to buy the flags individually, most for a "modest"
>> fee. Here's the catcher, the checkered flag will cost the most, and if
>> you don't have it, you can't win ... ok, just joking

> You owe me a new monitor and keyboard ;-D
>
> Thanks for the laugh, best way to start the day!
>
> Cheers, Uwe
>
> --

That was a funny post... I had the same response Uwe.

Nice one rqk

Andre

More iRacing invites Tony R Simulators 5 June 18th 08 05:17 PM
iRacing Invites BrianLL Simulators 7 June 11th 08 08:11 AM
iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM