What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 30th 05, 05:01 PM
Jim Yanik

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote:

>>>Ah,the manly challenge from a LLBer;"I'm here,I'm blocking you,and
>>>there's nothing you can do about it".= ME First,F-You.

>> Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do
>> about it, so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by
>> telling me to get out of your way even though I was there first and
>> you're speeding like a maniac. Remember the original scenario: you're
>> moving quite a bit faster than surrounding traffic, like 20+ mph, and
>> I had already started my pass.

> Your scenario is not grounded in reality. I have already shown that,
> with a reasonable amount of visibility for 60+ mph speeds, there is no
> possible way that you would not see a car moving 20 mph faster than
> you before you started your pass.
>
> Therefore, unless the car is moving more than 45 mph faster than you,
> it's not plausible for you to have already started your pass prior to
> seeing them.

Maybe he's an old fart and no longer has the reflexes to drive at speed,and
compensates with stubbornness.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:03 PM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
news
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:30:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

>>> Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do
>>> about it, so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by
>>> telling me to get out of your way even though I was there first and
>>> you're speeding like a maniac. Remember the original scenario:
>>> you're moving quite a bit faster than surrounding traffic, like 20+
>>> mph, and I had already started my pass.

>>Your scenario is not grounded in reality. I have already shown that,
>>with a reasonable amount of visibility for 60+ mph speeds, there is no
>>possible way that you would not see a car moving 20 mph faster than
>>you before you started your pass.
>>
>>Therefore, unless the car is moving more than 45 mph faster than you,
>>it's not plausible for you to have already started your pass prior to
>>seeing them.

> Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
> MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
> of things."

No,because STKR clearly gives FASTER traffic priority in passing over
slower.

*Violating* STKR is MFFY behavior.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:06 PM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
news
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:30:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

>>> Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do
>>> about it, so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by
>>> telling me to get out of your way even though I was there first and
>>> you're speeding like a maniac. Remember the original scenario:
>>> you're moving quite a bit faster than surrounding traffic, like 20+
>>> mph, and I had already started my pass.

>>Your scenario is not grounded in reality. I have already shown that,
>>with a reasonable amount of visibility for 60+ mph speeds, there is no
>>possible way that you would not see a car moving 20 mph faster than
>>you before you started your pass.
>>
>>Therefore, unless the car is moving more than 45 mph faster than you,
>>it's not plausible for you to have already started your pass prior to
>>seeing them.

> Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
> MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
> of things."

No,because STKR clearly gives FASTER traffic priority in passing over
slower.

*Violating* STKR by making faster traffic slow because slower traffic will
not yield is breaking the rules;putting you in the wrong,thus MFFY
behavior.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:08 PM
Jim Yanik

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:25:40 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>>
>>> I don't drive to **** off anyone. But if I'm passing someone
>>> legally and during the pass see you roaring up from behind doing 30
>>> mph over the speed limit...

>>I wonder if you live in "I dream of Jeannie" land...
>>
>>You're driving along, you start passing, and *POOF!*, another car
>>going 30 mph over the speed limit suddenly appears behind you ...

> There must be a better onomatopoetic term than *POOF!* for that sound
> that Jeannie makes when she crosses her arms and blinks. However, I
> think we all know what you meant.
>
>>It must be an interesting world to live in :-\

> The sad part is that world is extremely crowded. Not a day goes by
> when some asshole doesn't change lanes, pull out of a driveway, or
> make a right turn on red directly in front of oncoming traffic. Then,
> after the collision, these oblivious ****s tell the cops "He came
> outta nowhere!"

I like the way they keep increasing the speed differentials.
First 5 mph,then 10,30.....

And how all these folks now obey speed limits. HA!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:11 PM
Jim Yanik

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote:

>>>The sad part is that world is extremely crowded. Not a day goes by
>>>when some asshole doesn't change lanes, pull out of a driveway, or
>>>make a right turn on red directly in front of oncoming traffic. Then,
>>>after the collision, these oblivious ****s tell the cops "He came
>>>outta nowhere!"

>> At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension that's
>> exactly the way it is.

> So you don't check more than 40 feet behind you before you pull out to
> pass?
>
>> But their hurry is not my problem.

> Your hurry isn't supposed to be their problem either.
>
>> They will just
>> have to wait until I complete my pass.

> Why do they have to wait for you to complete your pass when you could
> have easily waited for them to pass first. If they can catch up to
> you before you completed your pass, then you should have either
> waited, or sped up while passing.

Yes,who IS the impatient one here?

STKR clearly gives faster traffic priority.
(that's why it says **SLOWER** traffic keep right)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:12 PM
Jim Yanik

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:26:18 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Skip MFFY Bowman wrote:

>>> At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension
>>> that's exactly the way it is.

>>So you don't check more than 40 feet behind you before you pull out to
>>pass?
>>
>>> But their hurry is not my problem.

>>Your [lack of] hurry isn't supposed to be their problem either.
>>
>>> They will just
>>> have to wait until I complete my pass.

>>Why do they have to wait for you to complete your pass when you could
>>have easily waited for them to pass first.

> Me First, **** You.
>
> Despite the fact that traffic entering a lane is required by law to
> yield to traffic already in the lane, MFFYs say "tough ****, you'll
> just have to slow down for me."

Also ignoring the "SLOWER traffic keep right" rule.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 05:14 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:26:18 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Skip MFFY Bowman wrote:

>>> At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension that's
>>> exactly the way it is.

>>So you don't check more than 40 feet behind you before you pull out to
>>pass?

1/4, just like I said originally. 40'? You just pulled that number out of
your arse, didn't you Arif? Because I never wrote it.

>>> But their hurry is not my problem.

>>Your [lack of] hurry isn't supposed to be their problem either.

I can't control what constitutes hurry for them now can I? Any more than
they can control my lack of hurry.

>>> They will just
>>> have to wait until I complete my pass.

>>Why do they have to wait for you to complete your pass when you could
>>have easily waited for them to pass first.

Because, as I originally stated last week and you forgot, when I started my
opass the lane was clear for at least 1/4 back.

> Me First, **** You.

Actullay, the driver doing 90 and expecting traffic doing 70 to part before
him like he was Moses parting the Red Sea is MFFY.

> Despite the fact that traffic entering a lane is required by law to
> yield to traffic already in the lane, MFFYs say "tough ****, you'll
> just have to slow down for me."

Like I told Arif, Scott, you forgot my original scenario. The approaching,,
speeding car was more than or at least 1/4 mile behind me when I started my
pass. But you are right in one respect: he'll have to wait. If he was
doing even 80 he wouldn't have to slow down at all. But there's no law or
rule of etiquette that says traffic bullies always have the right of way.
And someone doing 90 when the speed limit is 65 and surround traffic is
doing 70 is a TB.

Bullies all get the same response from me: "Kiss my arse; you ain't gonna do
nothing to me." And they never have.

Old March 30th 05, 05:16 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>>
>>Of course it's plausible: all it requires is that the MFFY not check
>>his mirrors before changing lanes. Happens every day.

> Or they DO check their mirrors and decide to pass just because they
> see a faster car coming up behind. Happens in light traffic all the
> time -- one slow car with another car behind him in the right lane.
> I'm coming up upon them from a long way away, with good visibility.
> Just as I get a few carlengths back, car behind pulls out to pass and
> proceeds to micropass or sit alongside.

It's easy to win a debate when you introduce facts not in evidence, isn't
it? I should try that sometime: make up stuff, fasten it to the facts with
thumbtacks and spit, and then throw it at my opponent.

Old March 30th 05, 05:18 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Big Bill" > wrote in message

> This has nothing to do with STKR; instead, it's "I'm important; don't
> make me slow down or change lanes. It's just too much like work. I'm
> above that whole 'traffic' thing."

Isn't that what the traffic bully is saying when he tries to force
surrounding traffic aside so he can proceed at will? Like, what are all
these cars doing on His Road?

Old March 30th 05, 05:21 PM
Brent P

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:
> Please explain how waiting to pass a slower vehicle makes you go "out of
> your way,MILES out of your way".Are you intending to pass then cut over to
> make an approaching exit?
>
> This sounds like hyperbole.

Actually, passing and then cutting over is a typical micro-passer LLB
move. The other night there was this LLB who refused to pass, fall back,
or move right. I got by his blockage in the far right lane. Later, there
was an LLB up ahead of me and I was in the middle lane passing someone in
the right lane. Mr. LLB accelerates to 100+mph cuts me off and dives for
the right side exit.