What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 30th 05, 03:26 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .
> "Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
> .net:

>> I don't drive to **** off anyone. But if I'm passing someone legally
>> and during the pass see you roaring up from behind doing 30 mph over
>> the speed limit, if you want to pass me then you'll just have to wait
>> until I'm done and move over. You don't like it, rear-end my car. I
>> could use the money. Lead-foot bullies aren't worth my sweat.

> Ah,the manly challenge from a LLBer;"I'm here,I'm blocking you,and there's
> nothing you can do about it".= ME First,F-You.

Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do about it,
so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by telling me to get out
of your way even though I was there first and you're speeding like a maniac.
Remember the original scenario: you're moving quite a bit faster than
surrounding traffic, like 20+ mph, and I had already started my pass.

I mean, other than rear-ending me, what can you do except rant and rave?

> A wanna-be cop.

Hardly. Just not intimidated by lead-foot bullies is all.

Old March 30th 05, 08:45 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

> The sad part is that world is extremely crowded. Not a day goes by
> when some asshole doesn't change lanes, pull out of a driveway, or
> make a right turn on red directly in front of oncoming traffic. Then,
> after the collision, these oblivious ****s tell the cops "He came
> outta nowhere!"

At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension that's
exactly the way it is. But their hurry is not my problem. They will just
have to wait until I complete my pass. They don't like it, they can call
the cops. When I started my pass, the other lane was clear.

It's one thing to change lanes or enter traffic without looking first.
That's flat-out stupid. It's just as stupid to be roaring down a road much
faster than other traffic and be surprised that a car is blocking your path.

Old March 30th 05, 11:03 AM
Nate Nagel

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>

>>The sad part is that world is extremely crowded. Not a day goes by
>>when some asshole doesn't change lanes, pull out of a driveway, or
>>make a right turn on red directly in front of oncoming traffic. Then,
>>after the collision, these oblivious ****s tell the cops "He came
>>outta nowhere!"

> At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension that's
> exactly the way it is. But their hurry is not my problem. They will just
> have to wait until I complete my pass. They don't like it, they can call
> the cops. When I started my pass, the other lane was clear.
>
> It's one thing to change lanes or enter traffic without looking first.
> That's flat-out stupid. It's just as stupid to be roaring down a road much
> faster than other traffic and be surprised that a car is blocking your path.

In many places, 90 in a 65 is not "much faster than other traffic" -
maybe just a little faster than most drivers but not more than 10 MPH or so.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 30th 05, 03:26 PM
Arif Khokar

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote:

>>The sad part is that world is extremely crowded. Not a day goes by
>>when some asshole doesn't change lanes, pull out of a driveway, or
>>make a right turn on red directly in front of oncoming traffic. Then,
>>after the collision, these oblivious ****s tell the cops "He came
>>outta nowhere!"

> At 90 mph in a 65 zone, you can bet your arse and your pension that's
> exactly the way it is.

So you don't check more than 40 feet behind you before you pull out to pass?

> But their hurry is not my problem.

Your hurry isn't supposed to be their problem either.

> They will just
> have to wait until I complete my pass.

Why do they have to wait for you to complete your pass when you could
have easily waited for them to pass first. If they can catch up to you
before you completed your pass, then you should have either waited, or
sped up while passing.

If you only take 15 seconds to pass, I find it hard to believe anyone
can catch up to you during that time unless you purposefully pull out in
front of them to teach them a lesson about exceeding an arbitrary speed
limit.
Old March 30th 05, 03:30 PM
Arif Khokar

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote:

>>Ah,the manly challenge from a LLBer;"I'm here,I'm blocking you,and there's
>>nothing you can do about it".= ME First,F-You.

> Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do about it,
> so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by telling me to get out
> of your way even though I was there first and you're speeding like a maniac.
> Remember the original scenario: you're moving quite a bit faster than
> surrounding traffic, like 20+ mph, and I had already started my pass.

Your scenario is not grounded in reality. I have already shown that,
with a reasonable amount of visibility for 60+ mph speeds, there is no
possible way that you would not see a car moving 20 mph faster than you
before you started your pass.

Therefore, unless the car is moving more than 45 mph faster than you,
it's not plausible for you to have already started your pass prior to
seeing them.
Old March 30th 05, 04:29 PM
Big Bill

:

>>>That's exactly correct.

>>>That doesn't mean you should deliberately drive like an a-hole.
>>>
>>>nate

>> So you think I should go out of my way (even MILES out of my way), so
>> you can have a slightly easier drive?

>Hyperbole.
>
>> Is lifting off the gas pedal that much of a strain?

>If waiting until faster traffic has passed any more of a strain?

If it means going out of my way, yes. Far moreso than slowing down a
little.

>> Are you rteally that important?
>> Get over yourself; everybody isn't driving just to **** you off.
>>

>No,they're just driving clueless.
>Can't follow something simple as STKR.

This has nothing to do with STKR; instead, it's "I'm important; don't
make me slow down or change lanes. It's just too much like work. I'm
above that whole 'traffic' thing."

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 30th 05, 04:31 PM
Big Bill

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:30:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote:

>>>Ah,the manly challenge from a LLBer;"I'm here,I'm blocking you,and there's
>>>nothing you can do about it".= ME First,F-You.

>> Well, I was there first, so yes. And tshere's naught you can do about it,
>> so you're right there. But where you're wrong is by telling me to get out
>> of your way even though I was there first and you're speeding like a maniac.
>> Remember the original scenario: you're moving quite a bit faster than
>> surrounding traffic, like 20+ mph, and I had already started my pass.

>Your scenario is not grounded in reality. I have already shown that,
>with a reasonable amount of visibility for 60+ mph speeds, there is no
>possible way that you would not see a car moving 20 mph faster than you
>before you started your pass.
>
>Therefore, unless the car is moving more than 45 mph faster than you,
>it's not plausible for you to have already started your pass prior to
>seeing them.

Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
of things."

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 30th 05, 04:54 PM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
:

> On 29 Mar 2005 23:05:52 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>Big Bill > wrote in
m:

>>> So you think I should go out of my way (even MILES out of my way), so
>>> you can have a slightly easier drive?

>>Hyperbole.
>>
>>> Is lifting off the gas pedal that much of a strain?

>>If waiting until faster traffic has passed any more of a strain?

> If it means going out of my way, yes. Far moreso than slowing down a
> little.

Please explain how waiting to pass a slower vehicle makes you go "out of
your way,MILES out of your way".Are you intending to pass then cut over to
make an approaching exit?

This sounds like hyperbole.

>>> Are you rteally that important?
>>> Get over yourself; everybody isn't driving just to **** you off.
>>>

>>No,they're just driving clueless.
>>Can't follow something simple as STKR.

> This has nothing to do with STKR; instead, it's "I'm important; don't
> make me slow down or change lanes. It's just too much like work. I'm
> above that whole 'traffic' thing."

No,STKR gives faster vehicles priority in passing,by requiring that "slower
traffic keep right".Attempting to exclude yourself from that by whatever
lame "situations" you dream up is simply MFFY behavior.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 30th 05, 04:54 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

>Of course it's plausible: all it requires is that the MFFY not check
>his mirrors before changing lanes. Happens every day.

Or they DO check their mirrors and decide to pass just because they
see a faster car coming up behind. Happens in light traffic all the
time -- one slow car with another car behind him in the right lane.
I'm coming up upon them from a long way away, with good visibility.
Just as I get a few carlengths back, car behind pulls out to pass and
proceeds to micropass or sit alongside.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 30th 05, 04:59 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
nk.net:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
>> .net:

>>> I don't drive to **** off anyone. But if I'm passing someone
>>> legally and during the pass see you roaring up from behind doing 30
>>> mph over the speed limit, if you want to pass me then you'll just
>>> have to wait until I'm done and move over. You don't like it,
>>> rear-end my car. I could use the money. Lead-foot bullies aren't
>>> worth my sweat.

>> Ah,the manly challenge from a LLBer;"I'm here,I'm blocking you,and
>> there's nothing you can do about it".= ME First,F-You.

> Well, I was there first, so yes.

Violating STKR,which gives priority to faster traffic.

>And tshere's naught you can do about
> it, so you're right there.

In some states,you could get a ticket.

> But where you're wrong is by telling me to
> get out of your way even though I was there first and you're speeding
> like a maniac.

STKR makes no mention of speed limits.Besides what you consider "speeding
like a maniac" may be just your inability to cope with faster traffic.

> Remember the original scenario: you're moving quite a
> bit faster than surrounding traffic, like 20+ mph, and I had already
> started my pass.

Even though you should have waited and allowed faster traffic to pass by.
IOW,NOT following STKR.

> I mean, other than rear-ending me, what can you do except rant and
> rave?
>
>> A wanna-be cop.

> Hardly. Just not intimidated by lead-foot bullies is all.

It's not bullying to expect others to follow the rules of the road.
"Me First" is not one of them. STKR is.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik