What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 22nd 05, 05:32 AM
Alexander Rogge

> A more realistic situation: suppose you would like to go 90MPH.
> But you are stuck behind a LLB. Another 90MPH driver comes up
> behind you.

If I'm not in a hurry, I move over and let the other driver try to force
the LLB out of the passing lane. If I'm in a hurry, I might try to get
the LLB to move over with more aggressive methods. I don't want another
driver getting mad and tailgating me instead of the LLB. If I'm not in
the way or I'm doing something about the LLB, the other driver is less
likely to become angry.
Old March 22nd 05, 05:44 AM
Alexander Rogge

> A car driving 70MPH is in the left lane behind another car going 70MPH. The
> second car wants to travel 70MPH. How is this blocking anything?

The LLB is blocking the second driver from passing the traffic in the
right lane and getting out of the passing lane, which blocks approaching
drivers and the drivers next to the two vehicles in the left lane from
using that lane. This blockage causes congestion and frustration, which
can lead to collisions.
Old March 22nd 05, 04:49 PM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
ps.com:

> In my style of driving the only time I impede is when someone is really
> cooking and I misjudge his closure.

And refuse to make up for your error.
"really cooking" is probably only plus 10 over,I suspect.

> In the few cases it happened I was
> almost past before he caught up. Nope, I am not going to speed up in
> that case.. In your view I am then an MFFY. In my view you are. In
> actual fact, I have the right of way and in spite of your insistance
> that I am -required- to speed up, you are wrong, I am not. Morally
> yes, legally no.
>
> Harry K

So,you still violate "slower traffic keep right".

MFFY behavior.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 22nd 05, 04:51 PM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> "Harry K" > wrote in
>> oups.com:

.com>,
>> > behind

>> > drivers

> traffic

> within
>> > the

> keep

>> > the

> the

> right

>> > actively
>> > would
>> > makeing

> on
>> > me
>> > passer

> mpher
>> > at

> that

>> > Yes, I get it. Before pulling out I check mirrors, nobody

> approaching
>> > rapidly, I pass at a good rate, someone closing in I wait. I pull

> out
>> > and someone really cooking comes up that was way back when I
>> > checked...tough, you're going to have to slow down until I get
>> > clearance to pull over. It might be a shock but the first person

> in a
>> > lane has the legal (not moral I agree) right of way.

>> The typical MFFY response.
>>
>> Again you forget about "slower traffic keep right".There's no

> exemption for
>> vehicles already passing.
>>
>> > Again, I am
>> > speaking of actively passing at a decent rate, not sloth passing,

> not
>> > staying in the lane longer than necessary and not cutting off

> people
>> > approaching.
>> >
>> > Harry K
>> >

>> You would be sloth passing if you cause a faster car to brake and

> slow
>> because you have not completed your pass.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

> Agree to disagree in my style of driving. You will just have to bite
> the bullet and slow down if you catch up to me while passing. KRETP
> and SLTK does -not- apply while I am passing in spite of all your
> attempts to deny it.
> Again, I'll put it in caps so you get it MORALLY yes, LEGALLY no.
>
> Harry K

Again,the typical MFFY response.
"I screwed up,but Fanyways."
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 22nd 05, 05:32 PM
Big Bill

:

:

>>>The guy already making his pass has priority,so YOU in the middle lane
>>>gets to slow until the passing lane is available.No cutting in front
>>>of the original passer and making them brake.That is rude and
>>>inconsiderate.
>>>
>>>Besides,the passer is already in the left lane,and you would cut in
>>>front;exactly MFFY behavior.He was there first.

>> In other words, sinced *I* must alter speed, the other passing driver
>> is a MFFY driver.

>Except it is not FY behavior,HE's doing the right thing.YOU are not.
>
>SLOWER traffic keep right.(for the Nth time)

Ah, well, another who either can't read, or can't admit being wrong.
Whichever, carry on.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 22nd 05, 05:33 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:03:20 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:04:58 -0700, Big Bill > wrote:
>
>>>Besides,the passer is already in the left lane,and you would cut in
>>>front;exactly MFFY behavior.He was there first.

>>In other words, sinced *I* must alter speed, the other passing driver
>>is a MFFY driver.

>When you stop for a red light, you must also alter your speed.
>
>Does that make the cross traffic you stopped for MFFY drivers?

Ah, well, anothewr who either can't read, or can't admit being wrong.
Whichever, carry on.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 22nd 05, 05:34 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:23:03 GMT, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>Big Bill wrote:
>
>> Again, you're not reading what's written.

>I wrote what was written and am far better qualified to tell you what I
>meant.

If you write what you mean, we can all underastand what you mean.

>> It has nothing to do with checking mirrors.

>It has a lot to do with checking mirrors (except when pulling out from a
>side road).
>
>> If *I* have to alter my
>> speed to let the othe rpasser go by,

>Dumb****, why can't you realize that the onus to adjust speed and/or
>direction is on the person making a maneuver?

<SIGH>
Read what you wrote.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 23rd 05, 03:09 AM
Arif Khokar

Big Bill wrote:
> <SIGH>
> Read what you wrote.

Ok, here it is again:

Should one drive in such a way as to not require others to adjust their
speed or direction due to one's actions such as pulling out from a side
road, merging, or changing lanes?

Now, let's substitute the pronoun 'you' for 'one' and see how it reads.

Should you drive in such a way as to not require others to adjust their
speed or direction due to your actions such as pulling out from a side
road, merging or changing lanes?

There are three actions mentioned in that sentence.
1. You're pulling out from a side road
2. You're merging
3. You're changing lanes

The first clause in the sentence stipulates that you should drive in a
certain way. When driving in that certain way, other drivers who are in
proximity should not have to adjust their own speed or direction due to
one of the three actions that are listed above that you are planning to
engage in.

Now, let's move onto one of your responses

Big Bill wrote:
>>You're coming upon another
>>vehicle, and want to pass it. You look in your mirror, and notice
>>another vehicle in the left lane, close enough that, if you pull out
>>to pass, that other vehicle will need to slow down unless you speed
>>up.

>>It has nothing to do with checking mirrors. If *I* have to alter my
>>speed to let the othe rpasser go by, the other passer is a MFFY
>>driver, by the definition given, becasue he made me alter my speed.

In your scenario, you want to pass another vehicle. Someone is already
passing you. As per the first sentence, you have to drive in such a way
as to not require others to alter speed or direction since you are the
one who is preparing to do action #3 (changing lanes).

Unfortunately, you're too ****ing stupid to realize that the one person
passing you is not the 'you' the scenario refers to since that person is
not engaging in one of the three actions specified above. You're the
one who wants to change lanes, and if you do so in a way that requires
the driver who is passing you to slow down, then you're not following
the suggestion in the sentence that started it all.
Old March 23rd 05, 02:58 PM
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>

> > Jim Yanik wrote:
> >> "Harry K" > wrote in
> >> oups.com:

> .com>,

> > traffic

> > within

traffic
> > keep

customary,

recognize
> > the

> > right

it

by

imposition
> > on

> > mpher

in
> > that

> > approaching

pull
> > out

person
> > in a
> >>
> >> The typical MFFY response.
> >>
> >> Again you forget about "slower traffic keep right".There's no

> > exemption for
> >> vehicles already passing.

passing,
> > not

> > people

> >> You would be sloth passing if you cause a faster car to brake and

> > slow
> >> because you have not completed your pass.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jim Yanik
> >> jyanik
> >> at
> >> kua.net

> > Agree to disagree in my style of driving. You will just have to

bite
> > the bullet and slow down if you catch up to me while passing.

KRETP
> > and SLTK does -not- apply while I am passing in spite of all your
> > attempts to deny it.
> > Again, I'll put it in caps so you get it MORALLY yes, LEGALLY no.
> >
> > Harry K
> >

> Again,the typical MFFY response.
> "I screwed up,but Fanyways."
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

And there is another typical MMFFY response. You want to force me to
alter my driving style. That makes you just as much as a MFFY as I am,
actually more so as I have the legal right of way. I admit that I am a
MFFY in the rare exceptions that I have quoted but I'll bet you can't
look in the mirror and admit you are one too.

Harry K

Harry K

Old March 23rd 05, 04:11 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:49:18 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:33:15 -0700, Big Bill > wrote:
>
>>Ah, well, anothewr who either can't read, or can't admit being wrong.
>>Whichever, carry on.

>Keep repeating that little mantra; one of these days you might
>convince yourself that you didn't lose this debate.

So, did you actually try reading for comprehension?
Tell me, what did the definition of MFFY I quoted mean?
The answers you've given so far indicate you didn't understand, and
your answer above indicates that you don't want to understand what it
means.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"