And the next chapter begins...

Old June 11th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default And the next chapter begins...

The iRacing site just went down for the conversion. Right in the middle of
a message I was writing LOL

Catch you all on the flip side!

-Larry

Old June 13th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
0-0-0-0-0

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:54:42 -0400, Larry wrote:
>> The iRacing site just went down for the conversion. Right in the middle
>> of
>> a message I was writing LOL
>>
>> Catch you all on the flip side!
>>
>> -Larry
>>

> I caved in and forked out for a six month subscription. See you on the
> track, I'm eating my words about not intending to sign up after the
> beta as we speak ;-)
>
> Cheers, uwe
>
> --

I look forward to your comments once you get going Uwe !!
Enjoy

0-0-0-0-0

Old June 13th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RobP

"UweSchürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:54:42 -0400, Larry wrote:
>> The iRacing site just went down for the conversion. Right in the middle
>> of
>> a message I was writing LOL
>>
>> Catch you all on the flip side!
>>
>> -Larry
>>

> I caved in and forked out for a six month subscription. See you on the
> track, I'm eating my words about not intending to sign up after the
> beta as we speak ;-)
>
> Cheers, uwe

When is iRacing going to be open to the public? - Not that I'm desperate or
anything....

RobP

Old June 13th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

It's in controlled roll-out now. If you want to be part of that, you need
to decide RIGHT AWAY. Today is the deadline.

We may still be able to get you in.

As to full public release, that has not been discussed yet that I've heard.

-Larry

Old June 13th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:

> I caved in and forked out for a six month subscription. See you on the
> track, I'm eating my words about not intending to sign up after the
> beta as we speak ;-)
>
> Cheers, uwe

LOL, well done, see you on the track eating humble pie

Cheers
Tony
Old June 17th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Barnyard

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> I caved in and forked out for a six month subscription. See you on the
> track, I'm eating my words about not intending to sign up after the
> beta as we speak ;-)
>
> Cheers, uwe

Why would you buy a sub now when the game/sim hasn't even gone public yet?
Old June 17th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

The SIM is in limited public release. It is out of Beta.

-Larry

.. .

Old June 17th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ken MacKay

Larry wrote:
> The SIM is in limited public release. It is out of Beta.

But the official party line is "It's not finished yet. It never will be.
We will constantly improve it and add things over time." They have
repeatedly said that if you don't like what is currently being offered
to come back in a few months, a year, ... So the difference between
Beta and current public release is that one you have to pay to use. ;-)

So yeah, I'm curious as to what changed his mind so drastically to opt
for a 6 month sub (especially when 1 and 3 month subs are available for
just a few $/month less) as I'm currently trying to decide the same thing.

Ken
Old June 18th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ken MacKay

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:11:57 GMT, Ken MacKay wrote:
>> So yeah, I'm curious as to what changed his mind so drastically to opt
>> for a 6 month sub (especially when 1 and 3 month subs are available for
>> just a few $/month less) as I'm currently trying to decide the same thing.
>>

> Hi Ken,
>
> I doubt you want a deeper insight into my twisted mind. muhahahaha ;-)
>
> Anyway, I guess what did me in was driving the Skip Barber car online
> in a 12 car race for the first time at VIR north course, it was great
> fun even at the back of the pack and felt much better than the milk
> truck and the Model T which are the only offerings for the rookies.
>
> The beta testers (I was on the beta for over two years) have been
> "rewarded" for their efforts with the entire iracing content available
> at the time, so I decided to hang in there for another six months and
> see how iRacing develops. I guess a month would have been too short,
> and I guess half a year is about the right timeframe to really get an
> idea what a post release iracing environment is going to be like.
>
> All the best, Uwe

Ok, thanks for the insight. The skippys by themselves are great but
unfortunately my few online races with them didn't give me a warm fuzzy
feeling towards the other drivers or the system. I was thinking of
waiting a few months to allow the new crop of drivers to move up to the
skippys (assuming they don't all bolt after trying the milk truck ;-) )
that would hopefully mean bigger and better fields, and the ability to
race more often. Let us know how you get on with it... it's nice to
know someone is in there that's not afraid to give an objective opinion.
Cheers.

Ken
Old June 18th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"Larry" > wrote in :

> The SIM is in limited public release. It is out of Beta.
>
> -Larry

Just read it doesn't even have pit stops so it is very beta IMO.

The VW Horror Begins - Chapter "Deaux"- (long and venomous) cam lowes VW water cooled 16 December 4th 06 04:28 PM
Chapter 11 Charles . VW water cooled 3 April 2nd 06 10:50 PM
'96 T&C AC blower not running, last chapter. Fieronut Chrysler 2 August 8th 05 08:29 PM
Ford and GM hope to avoid Chapter 11 skylark Chrysler 2 June 22nd 05 11:53 PM
...on to a new chapter. Jonnie Santos Saturn 3 November 2nd 04 03:24 AM