Goodbye Saturn!!! :D

Old June 9th 04, 05:59 AM
Mark Gonzales

"GoAwAy669" > wrote in message
> As of June 1st, I have officially preordered a 2005 Mustang GT, leather

seats
> and all! Comes in early September. No more Saturn for me!
> My modified 1991 Saturn SL2 has been a bit of a roller coaster ride, lots

of
> breakage, lots of problems, but I still had some great times with that

car.
> Thanks for all the help this newsgroup brought me.
>

> http://members.aol.com/goaway669/

With the exception of having a convertible option, the Mustang has never
been one of my favorite cars. I always thought the 5.0L LX looked pretty
sharp (compared to the gaudy GT of the day) and was a good idea. I was wowed
by the pull from the '99 GT I test drove (I was really only considering a
V6), though I like the '98 body style a little better, even if the car is a
weaker performer. The current huge GT hood scoops look ridiculous to me.

But I fell in love with the '05 the first time I saw pics of it, inside and
out. I even like the final taillight treatment vs. the prototypes. The only
thing I would change is the rear to be a duck tail vs. a tack-on spoiler as
in the second pic on this thread...
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=411959

I bet this car is going to phenomenal hit! The new GT will be my first brand
new domestic, though I plan to wait at least a couple of months to see what
new car bugs might appear. Man, I can't wait to see one in person. I might
even mod my car (the new Mustang) for the first time ever with an exhaust.
--

Mark
'99 Civic Si