Anybody have the scoop on the new "Série Internationale Du Mans" mod for rFactor?

Old July 3rd 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John DiFool

Default Anybody have the scoop on the new "Série Internationale Du Mans" mod for rFactor?

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...%20Du%20M ans

This mod looks like the mod to end all mods, and the Prototype version
of the mod was released yesterday. You'd think there would be several
lengthy threads at RSC on such an apparently high-quality mod of one
of the most prestigious modern racing series in the world, but
apparently there's some sort of gag order going around. Quotes from
the web page above:

"...However the full version of the mod will continue to be restricted
as a privately held and privately distributed mod for reasons that
cannot be discussed here."

"...Unfortunately there is currently a dispute related to this mod.
Comments and download are disabled until it is resolved."

Even more odd is that the Enduracers have been working on an ALMS
mod for over the past two or three years. But no thread on their RSC
subforum either (you'd think the competition getting a jump on their
efforts and intruding into their territory would get their attention).

I can't find anything at like Blackhole either, and when RSC isn't
letting you say anything you know they are scared sh*tless of
lawsuits when they put a gag on any and all discussion. So I come
here to the land of the free and home of the brave (Usenet) to see
if someone has any info on this situation.

John DiFool

Old July 3rd 08, 08:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

John DiFool > wrote in
:

> I can't find anything at like Blackhole either, and when RSC isn't
> letting you say anything you know they are scared sh*tless of
> lawsuits when they put a gag on any and all discussion. So I come
> here to the land of the free and home of the brave (Usenet) to see
> if someone has any info on this situation.
>
> John DiFool

Didn't know anything about it until your post. But now that I do I want it.
Where's the secret server with the download?
Old July 3rd 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Paulie[_2_]

"John DiFool" > wrote in message
> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...%20Du%20M ans
>
> This mod looks like the mod to end all mods, and the Prototype version
> of the mod was released yesterday. You'd think there would be several
> lengthy threads at RSC on such an apparently high-quality mod of one
> of the most prestigious modern racing series in the world, but
> apparently there's some sort of gag order going around. Quotes from
> the web page above:
>
> "...However the full version of the mod will continue to be restricted
> as a privately held and privately distributed mod for reasons that
> cannot be discussed here."
>
> "...Unfortunately there is currently a dispute related to this mod.
> Comments and download are disabled until it is resolved."
>
> Even more odd is that the Enduracers have been working on an ALMS
> mod for over the past two or three years. But no thread on their RSC
> subforum either (you'd think the competition getting a jump on their
> efforts and intruding into their territory would get their attention).
>
> I can't find anything at like Blackhole either, and when RSC isn't
> letting you say anything you know they are scared sh*tless of
> lawsuits when they put a gag on any and all discussion. So I come
> here to the land of the free and home of the brave (Usenet) to see
> if someone has any info on this situation.
>
> John DiFool

It will be around on Torrant soon.

Old July 3rd 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:

> Didn't know anything about it until your post. But now that I do I want it.
> Where's the secret server with the download?

The prototype limited edition is available he

http://www.bsim-racing.com/?p=4180

Cheers
Tony
Old July 4th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

Tony R > wrote in
:

> The prototype limited edition is available he
>
> http://www.bsim-racing.com/?p=4180
>
> Cheers
> Tony

Cheers!