thoughts on saturn ion 1

Old June 3rd 04, 09:18 PM
EDeneen

>AC is weak <snip>
>
>I have a black Ion 1 and live in the Southern California desert. A
>typical summer day will be around 105 in the shade. My AC will take the
>car from intolerable heat to the point where it will freeze you out of
>the car in about ten minutes.

Well my old SL would be blowing ice cold air within a block or two of my home.
I have to drive the Ion much longer until it blows cold air. With that as my
personal comparison, the Ion AC is not as strong.

Old June 8th 04, 04:22 AM
Gerald Fay

There is no real markup on Saturns like other vehicles.
So it is no negotiation.

Now for the report.

My daughter purchased an Ion 6 months ago. I have driven it several
times over the last few months and love the room and just some of the
extras that Saturn, puts in their vehicles.

With the gas crisis and no need for a bigger car I decided to look for
something small and fuel efficient. I purchased a Honda Civic EX.

The Ion:
Has a much better pickup and acceleration.
Handles better
Gets almost equivalent gas milage (I was very disappointed with the
Civic mileage -26 at best-, and if I'd known would have gone for the
Ion)
Has tons more room.

Happy shopping.

In article >,
says...

--
jerry
Old June 8th 04, 12:27 PM
Dave

Gerald Fay wrote:
> There is no real markup on Saturns like other vehicles.
> So it is no negotiation.

There is definately a markup (they don't sell them at cost) but the
Saturn practice of no haggling usually means no negotiation except for
trade-in and accessories.