T&C electrical gremlin

Old September 30th 06, 07:31 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
jperry

Default T&C electrical gremlin

I have a 99 Town and Country that is driving me crazy. When I put the key
in the ignition and turn the key, the wipers do 2 complete revolutions and
then stop. Lights on the dash all come on, all else seems to work fine. I
originally thought it may be the autostart but I turned it off, still does
the same. I tried jump starting it and it would crank over but immediately
would shut off. I even tried starting it in neutral, same results. Anybody
have any ideas?
Jim in Alaska

Old September 30th 06, 01:24 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"jperry" > wrote in message
> I have a 99 Town and Country that is driving me crazy. When I put the key
> in the ignition and turn the key, the wipers do 2 complete revolutions and
> then stop. Lights on the dash all come on, all else seems to work fine.

> originally thought it may be the autostart but I turned it off, still does
> the same. I tried jump starting it and it would crank over but

immediately
> would shut off. I even tried starting it in neutral, same results.

Anybody
> have any ideas?
> Jim in Alaska

Ok Am I missing something here? Are we asking about the wipers or are you
having starting problems?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 30th 06, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
jperry

I am talking about starting my engine...... I do not have a clue as to why
the wipers are turning on.

Jim

. ..

Old September 30th 06, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"jperry" > wrote in message
> I am talking about starting my engine...... I do not have a clue as to why
> the wipers are turning on.
>
> Jim
>
> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "jperry" > wrote in message
> >> I have a 99 Town and Country that is driving me crazy. When I put the
> >> key
> >> in the ignition and turn the key, the wipers do 2 complete revolutions
> >> and
> >> then stop. Lights on the dash all come on, all else seems to work

fine.

This could be due to a faulty connection at the battery, have you removed
and cleaned the terminals?

> >> originally thought it may be the autostart but I turned it off, still
> >> does
> >> the same. I tried jump starting it and it would crank over but

> > immediately

What does this mean immediately? does it turn over slow? or just make a
single click?

Old October 1st 06, 04:48 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
jperry

Thanks for your reply,
I have checked the battery terminals, they are OK. No corrosion and tight.
When the charger is hooked up, the engine started normally but then shut off
seconds later. You can hear the fuel pump turning on so I am assuming it is
ok..
Jim

Old October 1st 06, 09:09 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"jperry" > wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply,
> I have checked the battery terminals, they are OK. No corrosion and tight.
> When the charger is hooked up, the engine started normally but then shut

off
> seconds later. You can hear the fuel pump turning on so I am assuming it

is
> ok..
> Jim
>
> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> >
> > "jperry" > wrote in message
> >> I am talking about starting my engine...... I do not have a clue as to
> >> why
> >> the wipers are turning on.
> >>
> >> Jim
> >>
> >> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> >> . ..

the

revolutions

> > fine.

> > This could be due to a faulty connection at the battery, have you

removed
> > and cleaned the terminals?

still

> > What does this mean immediately? does it turn over slow? or just make a
> > single click?

> > you

Have the battery tested

Old October 2nd 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bubba

maxpower wrote:
> "jperry" > wrote in message
> > I have a 99 Town and Country that is driving me crazy. When I put the key
> > in the ignition and turn the key, the wipers do 2 complete revolutions and
> > then stop. Lights on the dash all come on, all else seems to work fine.

> > originally thought it may be the autostart but I turned it off, still does
> > the same. I tried jump starting it and it would crank over but

> immediately
> > would shut off. I even tried starting it in neutral, same results.

> Anybody
> > have any ideas?
> > Jim in Alaska
> >

> Ok Am I missing something here? Are we asking about the wipers or are you
> having starting problems?
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Welcome to the world of Daimler (chrysler is silent) electronics. The
issue is most lilkely gunk in the wiper control assembly, located on
fire wall in the wiper assembly cavity (drain assembly in front of
windshield). If you take the assembly off and take it apart and clean
the gunk out all should be normal (for a short period of time).

Bubba
1996 Caravan

Old October 3rd 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
jperry

thanks for the reply but the problem is not with the wipers, it just happens
to cycle when I turn the key to start the van. The wiper switch is off, the
van doesn't even turn over to crank the engine. My problem is that the van
will not start, the wipers are the the confusing factor in this problem.
Jim

ups.com...