Source for parts?

Old August 23rd 04, 12:07 AM
David

Default Source for parts?

My 2000 A4 1.8tQ tiptronic now has 81K miles. Although the manual from the
dealer says that the timing belt should be changed at 120K miles, after
reading the newsgroup about early failures, I'm starting to lose some sleep.

Time for a timing belt, tensioner, roller, water pump, thermostat,

Drop the oil pan and replace transmission filter, put in new oil in
differentials.

Although there is a myriad of potential sources out there, whom do you
suggest (other than the dealer)?

BTW, what is the suggestion for transmission fluid? Pentosin

Old August 23rd 04, 03:48 PM
Paul Norris

After researching fluid for a fluid change in a Tiptronic gearbox
there are only two that are suitable. Either the Audi fluid or an Esso
equivalent. Check out www.zf-group.com where there is an oil reference
guide and look up your box on there. As I understand it theseboxes do
not use standard ATF.

Old August 23rd 04, 09:31 PM
Simon

Paul Norris > wrote in message >. ..
> After researching fluid for a fluid change in a Tiptronic gearbox
> there are only two that are suitable. Either the Audi fluid or an Esso
> equivalent. Check out www.zf-group.com where there is an oil reference
> guide and look up your box on there. As I understand it theseboxes do
> not use standard ATF.
>
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:07:52 -0400, "David" >
> wrote:
>
> >My 2000 A4 1.8tQ tiptronic now has 81K miles. Although the manual from the
> >dealer says that the timing belt should be changed at 120K miles, after
> >reading the newsgroup about early failures, I'm starting to lose some sleep.
> >
> >Time for a timing belt, tensioner, roller, water pump, thermostat,
> >
> >Drop the oil pan and replace transmission filter, put in new oil in
> >differentials.
> >
> >Although there is a myriad of potential sources out there, whom do you
> >suggest (other than the dealer)?
> >
> >BTW, what is the suggestion for transmission fluid? Pentosin

Hi,

I have used www.drivewerks.com and www.ecstuning.com in the past.
Both are good but I think that ECS is better. They have everything
you need. I just changes my ATF fluid. I used the Pentosin sold by
ECS. They say is matches the Audi code. So far no problems but too
soon to tell.

Simon